Sponsored

Darn it, spare anchor room tints anyone

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
So doing the rear lights with anchor room tint all going well then for reasons totally out of my control one of them gets torn ! It's a long shot but does anyone have some anchor room rear light tints that they have but are not putting on ?

I have mended it as best as I can but I know it's there and it's annoying me.

I can go back to anchor room and see if they will ship a bit over but it's a pain given it takes about 2 weeks!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had two rip on me. The tints are rubbish, really not durable. Ill be getting mine laquer painted once the rear sequentials are done.

The anchor room guys will charge $12 shipping and lile $5 for a replacement piece.

Make it easier a tint place can buy a roll of oracle film (same as what AR use) for £15 and wrap them all for less.

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.
OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Ive had two rip on me. The tints are rubbish, really not durable. Ill be getting mine laquer painted once the rear sequentials are done.

The anchor room guys will charge $12 shipping and lile $5 for a replacement piece.

Make it easier a tint place can buy a roll of oracle film (same as what AR use) for £15 and wrap them all for less.
I agree, I bought the anchor room stuff to see if I liked the look, painting was kind of final, too late if you didn't like it. Now I do like it, I am kind of torn, do I get them painted and then for resale there is no choice or do I now get them professionally done (my efforts are good but not prefect) by someone that can get a much better finish and see how they last.

Either way, I quite like the tinted look???
20170220_082038_resized.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Suits the car [MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] you can go to any tint place to be honest for any kind of smoked tint as it's usually held in stock at all differing levels of 'darkness'
[MENTION=26257]Ritchie[/MENTION]
Crimson red is practically ruby red
Dark red is a closer to Ruby Red colour and I think this is what I have
Cherry red Is slightly less dark than this, but a little on the pinkish side (IIRC)
Red is the red that Kristian has on his (slightly lighter)

This may help in confirming (the slider box at the bottom of the page)
http://www.orafol.com/gp/europe/en/...uct-details/items/oracal-8300-transparent-cal

There's very little difference between Dark red, and Red, just depends how 'deep' the red you want is, they all look good on the car irrespective.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
[MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] are you still looking for a spare tint?
I have rears that i won't be using. Like the look but got thoroughly p*ssed off trying to do the front fogs...will get the rears done professionally. I think they're "light smoke". Says +50% on the tube.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
[MENTION=24040]Goosey[/MENTION] are you still looking for a spare tint?
I have rears that i won't be using. Like the look but got thoroughly p*ssed off trying to do the front fogs...will get the rears done professionally. I think they're "light smoke". Says +50% on the tube.
Thanks Steve - I have been on the fence re painting but have decided to go down this route. The chap who does Modurstang Painting works 20 minutes away from me so he can do them quite soon. However the tints served a purpose. A- i wanted to see if I liked them and B - I took the car as it stands to the local MOT guy who I know well but it is pretty straight and plays by the book. He assessed them and said he would pass them at this grade of tint, which is the one I want. I didn't want to paint them, then have an issue later down the line and I don't want them jet black as oddly the colour of the current tint looks good with the magnetic paint. SO with luck we shall see the results before the run out on Sunday !

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Thanks Steve - I have been on the fence re painting but have decided to go down this route. The chap who does Modurstang Painting works 20 minutes away from me so he can do them quite soon. However the tints served a purpose. A- i wanted to see if I liked them and B - I took the car as it stands to the local MOT guy who I know well but it is pretty straight and plays by the book. He assessed them and said he would pass them at this grade of tint, which is the one I want. I didn't want to paint them, then have an issue later down the line and I don't want them jet black as oddly the colour of the current tint looks good with the magnetic paint. SO with luck we shall see the results before the run out on Sunday !
I agree, that level of tint is preferable to blacked out :thumbsup:

EDIT: If anyone is looking for spares of the Anchor Room light smoke tints I may have what you need. I bought a whole set and only ruined a couple of 'em ;)
Sponsored