Sponsored

APR Performance front wind splitter.

TONYG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I think it looks great, after I paint the calipers red, this might be next on the list.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So you don't remove the current splitter to install?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I saw that Apr used to make crap I don't know if that changed. In my experience having anything cf or fiber glass in a spot that will come into contact with the ground is a bad idea

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
$458!!!! SIKE!!!!! I'll use camber adjustment for more traction as we already have a very functional splitter

Sponsored

Tat2bass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
'16 RR GT350
Thats my car in the pics. I've used APR on my last two cars. They aren't thin carbon pieces. It is made primarily of a composite material with a layer of real carbon on top.

This piece functions very minimally in applying downforce. That is not why I got it. This piece goes under the stock shelby lip. I do a lot of canyon driving here in SoCal and often times there are rocks. I have hit a few rocks and debris on the road and the APR has taken the brunt of the force and still looks fine on top. Can see the damage its taken underneath but is still solid. For $400, it looks great and provides the protection to the front bumper. Had I not had this, my shelby splitter would have had to been replaced by now.

In my opinion, its a very quality piece and has done an excellent job of protection while looking excellent.

But again, this isn't meant to provide a ton of downforce.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Thats my car in the pics. I've used APR on my last two cars. They aren't thin carbon pieces. It is made primarily of a composite material with a layer of real carbon on top.

This piece functions very minimally in applying downforce. That is not why I got it. This piece goes under the stock shelby lip. I do a lot of canyon driving here in SoCal and often times there are rocks. I have hit a few rocks and debris on the road and the APR has taken the brunt of the force and still looks fine on top. Can see the damage its taken underneath but is still solid. For $400, it looks great and provides the protection to the front bumper. Had I not had this, my shelby splitter would have had to been replaced by now.

In my opinion, its a very quality piece and has done an excellent job of protection while looking excellent.

So this goes over the non-r splitter? Can it be insrallled without the support rods ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
kart125

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC

I have it on order. Should be about 3 weeks to produce/deliver. Each piece is built-to-order it appears. I will install it after recall. I dont want dealer to mess with a non-OEM splitter... it's hard enough for them to install the OEM correctly!

There is a great explanation on how a splitter works on this site.

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/splitter.html

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have it on order. Should be about 3 weeks to produce/deliver. Each piece is built-to-order it appears. I will install it after recall. I dont want dealer to mess with a non-OEM splitter... it's hard enough for them to install the OEM correctly!

There is a great explanation on how a splitter works on this site.

http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/splitter.html
Your not suggesting that this splitter is functional, are you?

Edit: I redact my statement.

Re-read your post and edited my comment.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
FYI you can replace the OEM splitter for less than $400.
Sponsored