Sponsored

HELP New seats and making computer happy

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I hate my GT350 seats, so I’m replacing them. I tall and fat so I need lower and flatter. So picked up a set of 2012 manual Cloth seats, removed the tracks, and bought a Sparco racing seat mount. Now I have lower flatter seats, but what do about the electrical connections. My new seats have the airbags. So has anybody done a seat replacement and dealt with all the stuff you don’t have anymore like AC, heat, etc. HELP!!!!!!!
Anybody want to buy a set of new GT350 leather seats?
Sponsored

Last edited:

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Have you actually installed them? What's the trouble code?

S550 GT owners have been able to use a 2 ohm resistor to trick out the airbags. But then you have to deal with the tech pack climate controls, and I've not heard the results of anyone making that change yet.

It's been done though, in show cars. But those may have gone so far as replacing the body wiring harness - no way to know for sure.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
if it were me i would get the wiring diagram for both seat connectors, depin the connector on the gt350 seat, repin the 2012 seat into the gt350 connector. Of course you would only need to use the seat belt, air bag wires and leave the heated and cooled pins would be left empty.
pretty simple really but i work on jets and rewires and changing connector, depinning, repinning is a common occurance.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
if it were me i would get the wiring diagram for both seat connectors, depin the connector on the gt350 seat, repin the 2012 seat into the gt350 connector. Of course you would only need to use the seat belt, air bag wires and leave the heated and cooled pins would be left empty.
pretty simple really but i work on jets and rewires and changing connector, depinning, repinning is a common occurance.
What are your favorite tools for depinning/repinning connectors? Are there a few different sizes needed, or is there a standard?

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
for ford connectors i've never needed more than a scribe and maybe a jeweler's flathead.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Since I'm putting a seat from the 2010-14 series in to the 2015-17. Ford changed the plugs. So I bought a set of harness's for a 2015 with manual seats and will splice the two as needed. Didn't want to steal the harness from the removed seats because I intend on selling them.

Joec410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did you get your seats figured out? I just replaced my recaros with the GT350 leather seats and I have an airbag light on. I would like to correct this so everything works correctly
Sponsored