papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
But ya never understood why we did not get BLIS or adaptive cruise control (maybe because of regulations? :shrug: but other makes have those techs on theirs cars :doh:).
Not only other makes! Ford has BLIS on other EU models, for example on Mondeo.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
They could have made them available as a paid option at least.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
They could have made them available as a paid option at least.
That's it, it so simple and yet they choose not to offer it. This low safety score serves them right.

It's almost as unbelievable as the clear taillights and the fysical deletion of the tribar DRLs (instead of simply disabling them). Just makes no sense whatsoever.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
It's almost as unbelievable as the clear taillights and the fysical deletion of the tribar DRLs (instead of simply disabling them). Just makes no sense whatsoever.
Pretty sure the clear tails was a "stylistic choice" to appear more EU upscale...

though I can not for the life of me understand how making a separate light system (including wiring and logic for new replacement DRLs) for the front is any cheaper than just using the same lights everywhere...

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I learned something today. The US version of the S550 actually DOES have a 'collision warning with brake support' system. It is part of the optional pack that also comes with adaptive cruise and blis. So it's not standard, but that doesn't matter in the Ncap rules.

This entire pack is not available on the EU spec car. So the dude from Thatcham was right after all.

Btw this system is not the same as autonomous emergency braking (which Ncap now requires for a 5 star rating and will be standard on the 2018 model), but a simpler variation that pre charges your brakes when a potential collision is detected, so when you actually brake they will react faster.

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/brakes/collision-warning-with-brake-support.html

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did know that, it's the pre-collision assistant with the red leds row on the dash. I suppose that it uses the same sensors for the adaptive scruise control.
And it's another option that I wanted to have :tsk:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I won't miss it... doubt it would've saved my bumper anyhoo...

As for doodahs, my dad just got a '15 Corsa and it came to a complete stop on the highway when he tried to engage cruisecontrol... we were doing 90 and he accidentally hit the speed limiter instead of the cruise control and the car had it set at 20kph per default (from the dealer atleast) ... not fun when we had no idea how to turn it off :D

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Yes I did know that, it's the pre-collision assistant with the red leds row on the dash. I suppose that it uses the same sensors for the adaptive scruise control.
And it's another option that I wanted to have :tsk:
Same here, they must think we are all Schumachers here in Europe.
Sponsored