Sponsored

What Upgrades/Mods are you going to do to your Mustang?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Cheers Keith, it was very interesting reading your comments. I have been totally blown away by yours. Everything is so perfect! :headbang:

As far as mine goes, I want an individual look that reflects both myself and my wife, not everyone else.

We always wanted black, yet everyone tells us we will regret it, We always wanted a v8, yet everyone tells us were mad for wanting an 8, We always wanted a Mustang, yet we are told its a mid life crisis... So its like... Everyone can get stuffed, we are doing what we have always wanted, our way and to our taste and we hope our V8 uses all of the worlds fuel up before all of your 4 cylinder fart boxes knows what hit them...:lol::lol::lol: Sorry EB's, that was not targteted at you guys:headbonk:

We are gearing up to enjoy life hit the streets with one menacing black beast with scoops, and all..:eyebulge:

Only bugger is, its still sitting on some dock in Baltimore!

I hope you don't mind me quoting you Allan, I agree with you completely. On my race red gt I have quarter window scoops and quarter panel scoops installed and love them. I had umed and arrred about the window with regards to visability but have decided to keep them on as I like them. Sure enough it can cut visibility down and its certainly something to get used to over time (I drive 789 haul trucks, D11 dozers etc so I know all about viability) but you do get used to them and in a little amount of time. And the quarter scoops well I think they suit the car simply breaking up the lines on the quarter. Some people like them and others don't but that once again is a personal thing and as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and at the end of the day it all holds on with 3m tape so if you decide later down the track that hey its not that good a look, the parts can always be taken off.
At a stage I was also considering going down the bonnet scoop but I just love the extremely nice view that the bonnet lines already provide, once again that's a person view and each to their own.
If we all drove around in the same looking cars with exactly same options then the Mustang would soon be just a well "its another mustang" not a "hey check that out" personalized vehicle as so many in here are already doing. And trust me the stares, looks, moth open wide, grins etc I get every day when driving the stang in town or open road completely has me thinking that what mods I have already applied to the car works. All I can say is at the end of the day its your car, do as you wish as you are paying for it.
If Others don't like the mod well they don't have to put it on their own car.

31432497301_f3fcf790dc_b.jpg

Oh and next mods thinking about lowering, Ferrada fr1 silver/chrome, ferrada fr3 silver/chrome or ferrada fr4's silver/chrome (still deciding) and the xforce headers and cats to go with the cat back already on the car. Oh and a black leather with red stitching console kit I have found ;)
Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I hope you don't mind me quoting you Allan, I agree with you completely. On my race red gt I have quarter window scoops and quarter panel scoops installed and love them. I had umed and arrred about the window with regards to visability but have decided to keep them on as I like them. Sure enough it can cut visibility down and its certainly something to get used to over time (I drive 789 haul trucks, D11 dozers etc so I know all about viability) but you do get used to them and in a little amount of time. And the quarter scoops well I think they suit the car simply breaking up the lines on the quarter. Some people like them and others don't but that once again is a personal thing and as said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and at the end of the day it all holds on with 3m tape so if you decide later down the track that hey its not that good a look, the parts can always be taken off.
At a stage I was also considering going down the bonnet scoop but I just love the extremely nice view that the bonnet lines already provide, once again that's a person view and each to their own.
If we all drove around in the same looking cars with exactly same options then the Mustang would soon be just a well "its another mustang" not a "hey check that out" personalized vehicle as so many in here are already doing. And trust me the stares, looks, moth open wide, grins etc I get every day when driving the stang in town or open road completely has me thinking that what mods I have already applied to the car works. All I can say is at the end of the day its your car, do as you wish as you are paying for it.

Oh and next mods thinking about lowering, Ferrada fr1 silver/chrome, ferrada fr3 silver/chrome or ferrada fr4's silver/chrome (still deciding) and the xforce headers and cats to go with the cat back already on the car. Oh and a black leather with red stitching console kit I have found ;)
Hey Keith

Your car looks really great. I love the silver wheels with the RRed, you don't see it too often, but it looks smart. I probably wouldn't do the side scoops, but they look good, also it is a bit retro, which is what the car's design was all about anyway (modern retro).

But don't just think about lowering it, you must lower the beast! It looks so much better, it handles so much better and when you go 250K's down Conrod straight it wont feel as floaty. :thumbsup:

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Exhaust goes on tomorrow, big thanks to [MENTION=20412]Banditvox[/MENTION] for the H pipe.
Exciting times..
image.jpg

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Still can't work out why photo comes out sideways :doh:
If you are posting from your iPhone - edit the photo on your phone prior to posting by rotating the photo one quarter and saving by hitting "Done". Edit it again by rotating it back to it's original position and hit "Done" again before posting to the forum.

Don't know why, but it works.

Sponsored

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Red start button.
Looks better.
And it's got to be good for at least 5 or 10 extra bhp :lol::headbang:
IMG_5027.jpg

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback

What tyres are those, I like the white lettering - edit - cancel that question I was able to zoom in and see that you filled in the lettering.

Last edited:

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Roush cold air intake

Fitted a Roush CIA last week, had to remove the cabin feel good sound thingy. Next have a X-pipe fitted to bring some of the sound back :headbang:
image.jpeg

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Thinking Borla S-type or touring, catch can, LED bulbs for the fog lamps, and lakin brackets for USA style plates :ford:

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Thinking Borla S-type or touring, catch can, LED bulbs for the fog lamps, and lakin brackets for USA style plates :ford:
Hi Sturty happy to give you some prices on the Borla systems we have all of them in stock. Cheers Fred

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
intake, 1&7/8 ceramic coated long tube headers and 100 cell high flow cats.
Connected up to a 3inch exhaust.
Sounds angrier and louder than with just a catback.
Extra power is immediately noticeable, and expect it to be even better after it gets a tune & dyno run later this week.

Fazzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Grabber Blue
1st time poster loving reading the community info

my build for a 2017 GT in Gabber Blue with Black roof coming later in the year is inspired by Nathan Brummers Ingot silver beast from the GTFO Squad in the US

VELGEN VMB8 WHEELS SET in gun metal grey
CERVINI S550 MUSTANG STALKER HOOD
S550 STEEDA SPORT SPRINGS - PROGRESSIVE
JBA S550 EXHAUST 2.5" TO 3" AXEL BACK
S550 STEEDA PROFLOW MUSTANG 5.0L COLD AIR INTAKE
STOP THE HOP PACK
OEM USA S550 REAR DECKLID PANEL (GT)
OEM GT350 Track pack rear spolier
Matt black badges
LED light kit
Sto n Sho number plate kit
MGP Brake Caliper covers in black

Ive also posted a message to Mustang Motorsport about the possibilty of using the Steeda q series front fascia:

Last edited:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
You have some great mods there. I too have the same JBA axle backs and Steeda Proflow CAI and Tune. Nice difference in performance and sensational difference in sound.
I was going to go with various suspension changes such as "Stop the Hop" package, but I went the whole hog with Shockworks adjustable coilovers. They eliminated the need for any other suspension mods.

Fazzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Grabber Blue
yeah im ditching the stop the hop and the springs and going all out with the 3H airlift pack
Sponsored