Sponsored

Taillights with Sequential Amber and 3-bars Brake MOD!

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Seems like your taillights are broken. :ninja:
I would never use such a rough system because the 'right' solution requires more work. This is not a Fiat Punto, it's a Mustang and probably we that have never had such a great car, have more respect for it. You should not go around and let people laugh at you because a well-made work requires too much time (yes, and money). Simply keep them stock. Of course everyone can do what he wants with his money, this is only my personal opinion.

So people like me (perfectionist + OCD) will have to fix them!
Well with turning light made of two red and one amber I would not call you a 'perfectionist'! For what it worth, I can call me a perfectionist since to make my Mustang more 'american' I replaced the EU fog light with US one even if I never use them :amen:

aex90832

Resident Comm Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 E350 Wagon

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if it is possible to modify my factory US Tail Lights to incorporate the tri-bar amber signals. Also, what the wiring differences might be as I own a US spec car, so that I can use a switch for when I ship the car back to the states when I PCS.
-Alex

Last edited:

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just spotted this... sequence plug & play kit from Australia...

Still looking for the details though.

[ame]

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Just spotted this... sequence plug & play kit from Australia...

Still looking for the details though.

This one looks better as the other Australian product which did sequential with the red lights (the stop lights). Here you can nearly think it is a whole orange flow, this would be less questioned by police forces in Europe I think. Unless it is the same and the angle and distance from the camera to the lights are playing a role here?

John what do you think?

Last edited:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I've had a customer 2 weeks ago with this solution. It's in reality just as the video. The two inner flash at the same time, followed by the last one, which shines brighter than the other 2.

Plus points: it is plug and play. So that's good.
Neg points: I think it's expensive for what you get (he said 250, but I don't remember if that was with or without VAT & import duty) and ugly compared to the real seq. lights.

But that last part is very personal. Nobody in their right mind will say this solution is as nice as true sequential lights. Right? But yes, it also costs double the money. The customer that had them told me it's not even close to the real lights himself, but also said he was very happy with them at half the price of the 'original'.

Personally, I'd get the real deal or leave it stock. But hej, it's not my car :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I've had a customer 2 weeks ago with this solution. It's in reality just as the video. The two inner flash at the same time, followed by the last one, which shines brighter than the other 2.

Plus points: it is plug and play. So that's good.
Neg points: I think it's expensive for what you get (he said 250, but I don't remember if that was with or without VAT & import duty) and ugly compared to the real seq. lights.

But that last part is very personal. Nobody in their right mind will say this solution is as nice as true sequential lights. Right? But yes, it also costs double the money. The customer that had them told me it's not even close to the real lights himself, but also said he was very happy with them at half the price of the 'original'.

Personally, I'd get the real deal or leave it stock. But hej, it's not my car :D
So it's an illusion! I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't point out that they light up at the same time. But how to they become amber, a voltage thing or something? On FB they said they are working on the real deal.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Jep, it's an illusion. Try to pause the frame of the video with only the inner bar lit :) You'll see it always is the inner two at the same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
This is still the same """mod""" that every few weeks comes out and someone posts about that :)
If you stop the video after the two inner bars lit, you can clearly see that they are red. But it can't be different since
- it's the same mod
- if someone opens the taillights to install amber leds, he would for sure add a real sequential circuit.

I'm not as soft as PJ.. in my opinion this is 1) ugly, 2) illegal and 3) dangerous. It's because mods like this, made with approximation just because "hey it's sequential! well... sort of........, but it's cheaper!" that we could be stopped and fined even if ours are technically perfect.

Seems like some old Fiat Uno driving around here when raining: water made some short-circuit and lights come on all together like a christmas tree :lol:

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
This is still the same """mod""" that every few weeks comes out and someone posts about that :)
If you stop the video after the two inner bars lit, you can clearly see that they are red. But it can't be different since
- it's the same mod
- if someone opens the taillights to install amber leds, he would for sure add a real sequential circuit.

I'm not as soft as PJ.. in my opinion this is 1) ugly, 2) illegal and 3) dangerous. It's because mods like this, made with approximation just because "hey it's sequential! well... sort of........, but it's cheaper!" that we could be stopped and fined even if ours are technically perfect.

Seems like some old Fiat Uno driving around here when raining: water made some short-circuit and lights come on all together like a christmas tree :lol:
Well yes that :lol:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
+1, this is a terrible mod. I wouldn't even want it on my car if it was free.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
This one looks better as the other Australian product which did sequential with the red lights (the stop lights). Here you can nearly think it is a whole orange flow, this would be less questioned by police forces in Europe I think. Unless it is the same and the angle and distance from the camera to the lights are playing a role here?

John what do you think?
What I think ?

Here : :barf::barf::barf:

:lol::lol:
Sponsored