Sponsored

My prediction for the engine

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Ford Racing is already offering GT350 heads for use on the 5.0, so the heads will work on the 5.0 block.
http://www.enginelabs.com/features/...rd-racings-new-5-2-coyote-crate-engine-a52xs/
That said, there is supposed to be some shrouding of the valves, which is not optimal for performance . While it is clearly possible to build such an engine, its possible that it might not be easy to meet emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Can't say much on emission standards, but this is the road I think they'll probably go down if they can make those emission standards work. Just because these are more or less off the shelf parts.
Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I would guess that emissions would not be a problem with the 5.2 heads, but fuel economy might be. The GT350 has a gas guzzler tax, so a 5.0 with the 5.2 heads and cams probably would also. Whether this is a problem or not would depend on the positioning of the Mach 1. If its meant to fill the gap between the GT350 and GT then I would guess that Ford would want to avoid the gas guzzler tax. If it is another limited production model then the gas guzzler tax might be acceptable.

Incidentally, someone else on the forum found this page on the Ford Performance website:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-m8

It indicates that a GT350 cold air intake and intake manifold with Ford Racing's tune are good for 37 HP (for a total of 472 HP). Perhaps the Mach 1 would be a slightly hotter version of the stage 3 pack.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
There is a thread in the general forum section regarding the 2018 refresh, it's basically confirmed that both spray bore technology and direct injection is going to be standard on the 5.0

Because of this I believe the standard 5.0 will end up with a 94 mm bore, essentially same block as what's in the GT 350 today, as such it will have its own version of the wider spaced valve heads, based off the GT 350 heads (obviously without the CNC machining) and a slightly smaller stroke crank to retain the 5.0 capacity
The combination of the bigger bore (better breathing) and lighter a block (no cast iron liners) is certainly a step in the right direction and that's without even taking into consideration the direct injection

I'm guessing the mach 1 will be the same motor but with the standard stroke of today's current 5.0 giving it a 5.2 capacity, both motors using conventional cross plane crankshafts

As to horsepower, the GT with these new specifications should be able to at least match the Camaro at 455hp, with the mach 1 about 20hp more

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8598&page=9

Last edited:

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Considering the kind of power that can be made with a GT350 manifold and tune on the 5.0, I wouldn't be surprised if something along those lines happened -- maybe with a shaker hood. It would be super cool to see a twin-scroll turbo on a 4.7 (289) though...
The reason Ford Performance has not offered a GT350 intake tune for the Coyote is it won't pass California emissions.

While I spoke with some powertrain from Ford at the track. They wouldn't comment on anything specifically but he said if performance is your thing wait till 2018. Everything is getting a jump; including GM.
Sponsored