Sponsored

Procharger tensioner

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Does anyone have issue with the procharger tensioner rattling
Sounds like it's coming from.the tensioner pulley,was wondering if anyone just changed the bearing and not the whole pulley?
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone have issue with the procharger tensioner rattling
Sounds like it's coming from.the tensioner pulley,was wondering if anyone just changed the bearing and not the whole pulley?
Damn, you’ve been having some issues after this install.

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Damn, you’ve been having some issues after this install.
I know my first car went without a hitch,this one is fighting me.Cant figure why the life of me same pulley and setup makes 3 to 4 more pounds of boost.Being real causes with this motor also lol.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Strange how these things happen, I don't understand it. Makes modding a lot less fun and more frustrating. I know I was ready to sell mine before I retuned it.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Do you have a stage II system? Someone in this forum didn't have a little spacer between the pulley and it's making all kind of noises

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yea but I think that spacer was in between the pulley and head unit.The pulley making noise on mine is the pulley that mounts to the tensioner.Stage 2 has it's own tensioner.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I would reset the tensioner pulley to stock position, retwnsion the belt, and make sure that the brass rod is loosened to spec. I have a feeling that's what you may be hearing, a loose brass fitting possibly

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I would reset the tensioner pulley to stock position, retwnsion the belt, and make sure that the brass rod is loosened to spec. I have a feeling that's what you may be hearing, a loose brass fitting possibly
Yea I will double check that when i.put my new pulley on tomorrow.I.did make sure to back off the brass adjustment just a hair after everything was tightened up.I think it may be rpm related,did not do it on my manual car but that car idled at 900 rpms.This auto when in drive idles around 700,as soon as the rpms go up a hair the noise goes away.

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Makes sense, what was the reason for going from the 6mt to auto? I hear many people doing that. I understand the whole trash transmission thing, but don't you get raped on trade for your modded manual? Also, what about the PC, did you remove and move on to the auto?

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Well 2 cylinders were done on my manual.car,I removed everything because the car was still under warrenty.Told the sales manager the car was not running right and had misfires,he asked me if i wanted to trade it in on a 17 because they were knocking 7k off sticker.Left dealer with an auto.that day,made out pretty good as they paid all but a grand on my manual.car and paid 36 for a fully loaded 17 auto.Car payment went up 10 bucks a month.I was really wanting an auto.anyway because I go to the track quite a bit.

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Well 2 cylinders were done on my manual.car,I removed everything because the car was still under warrenty.Told the sales manager the car was not running right and had misfires,he asked me if i wanted to trade it in on a 17 because they were knocking 7k off sticker.Left dealer with an auto.that day,made out pretty good as they paid all but a grand on my manual.car and paid 36 for a fully loaded 17 auto.Car payment went up 10 bucks a month.I was really wanting an auto.anyway because I go to the track quite a bit.
Corrected this for you. "AT LEAST 2" cylinders were done! I bet it was more :lol::thumbsup:

OP
OP

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Corrected this for you. "AT LEAST 2" cylinders were done! I bet it was more :lol::thumbsup:
Lol ok i.was being a little conservative
Sponsored