Sponsored

More false knock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
I originally had false knock within a few days of installing my paxton kit. After a few modifications, the problems went away and it was consistently -2*. I managed to get about 6 datalogs in where it was running great, but now im back to 9.99* knock in 5th, 8* in 4th. The piping for the paxton is now solid and not touching anywhere, and so is the intercooler. Fixing this issue once and for all tomorrow. Here are a few places some have suggested to look:

Shifter/shifter bracket (MGW installed last month)
Driveshaft (still stock but checking anyway)
Motor mounts
tensioner
My MAK cat delete pipes

Going over these tomorrow. Another thing to note is that my car is on coilovers, and right before this started happening, I bottomed out in the middle of the frame area in a driveway. Checking exhaust because of that again tomorrow too. If the suspension being lower could cause false knock, where would I check? Any suggestions are appreciated as I would like to finally have full power in my car.
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Another thing to check would be the O2 sensors either contacting the body/frame somewhere, or being loose in their bungs (that's what she said).

Just look at anything and everything in the exhaust, charge pipes, anything that could be contacting the motor, or anything that touches the motor that could be contacting something else.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Good luck, welcome to hell.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I'm dreading false knock. I installed my Paxton over this last weekend and have been putting a bunch of miles on it to make sure I shake it down good an proper before I get through the full throttle runs. So far I have zero knock in varied accelerations so I'm hoping that carries over. I spend a good amount of time adjusting pipes and putting padding where the pipes could potentially contact something. Crossing my fingers as chasing that crap drove me nuts on my nitrous build.

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
false knock is exactly that "false".......put some 100+ octane in it and if your still getting false knock it is truly false knock.....then have your tuner turn down the knock sensitivity and call it a day....i was getting false knock on 116 octane so turned the sensitivity down and the car ran like a champ....anything can cause the false knock, in my most recent case on my 2014 it was because i swapped in a tubular k member and the solid mounts could be felt through the entire car.....turned down the knock sensitivity and all good now....

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm dreading false knock. I installed my Paxton over this last weekend and have been putting a bunch of miles on it to make sure I shake it down good an proper before I get through the full throttle runs. So far I have zero knock in varied accelerations so I'm hoping that carries over. I spend a good amount of time adjusting pipes and putting padding where the pipes could potentially contact something. Crossing my fingers as chasing that crap drove me nuts on my nitrous build.
It's good that you're taking those precautions because it may save you time in the future. I had to cut a pipe down by 1 inch on the driver side, make a support bracket so they wouldn't move, rip the bumper off 5 times, adjust multiple pipes, and am still having 8* of knock. Makes me wish I never went with a centri. Now i'm suspecting it's my suspension since it's lowered 2 in in the front and 1 in the back. Putting that back to stock height tomorrow. It's fun having 14k in a build and losing to stock CTS-V's.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've asked if my tuner could turn down the sensitivity, but it's knocking 9.999* in 5th gear, so I just don't see it going away without fixing something.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Am I correct in assuming False knock other than robbing power is otherwise harmless?

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I correct in assuming False knock other than robbing power is otherwise harmless?
It's just noise really so besides losing a TON of power, I don't see any reason to be worried.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Well the whole point is that if it's false, it isn't actually knocking. An exhaust bolt rattling around would probably be considered harmless.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
youre right it can be a fair amount I lost well over 100 RWHP with severe knock, but aslong as no damage is done its just trial and error until the solution is found.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
youre right it can be a fair amount I lost well over 100 RWHP with severe knock, but aslong as no damage is done its just trial and error until the solution is found.
Same here, have been screwing with it since June with no luck.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I think my return line was pulling on my brake lines as the installer left no slack whatsoever in the line and it was tight as hell. I have had the line disconnected for 2 days now with stock pump setup and nothing at all on knock. At first I left it all plugged in when I went to stock pump and still had the same knock.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
That sucks I'm glad I don't have any, my ngauge shows almost added timing on knocker. Unless that's not how you guys are measuring it.
Sponsored