Sponsored

Supercharger plus headers VS Twin Turbo

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
So im heavily researching the purchase of forced induction. Seems to me like the cost of a supercharger plus headers is similar to the cost of the twin turbo kits. Not exactly but depends on what blower you go with. Some are less some are more.

Im starting to think its going to be a no brainer for me to just go twin turbo and never have to worry about upgrading for more power later.

Thoughts?

I have had several positive displacement and centri supercharged cars along with nitrous cars.
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Boostworks twin kit imo. There's pros and cons for both but for me I like turbos and how u can have a street every day setting and a kill setting at the push of a botton.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
It's personal preference really.

Not just power adder, but sound that you like as well

Also depends on the brand's you pick

Either way. Car could be really fun

Let me know. We can help with all options

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I was a click away for TT's on my GT350. I decided to go with staying N/A and using headers and a tune.

If I was to go the FI route, it would TT

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
N/A for now too.

I was a click away for TT's on my GT350. I decided to go with staying N/A and using headers and a tune.

If I was to go the FI route, it would TT
Heck I feel like am driving my 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 which was stripped down for 1/4 mile racing. 390 engine, beefed up auto and stiff gearing, not to mention the long tube headers and cherry bomb mufflers - oh yeah no a/c in Miami because I pulled the compressor out to save on weight. That was a fun car to drive and so is my new Mustang right now. Yeah I think a CAI & Tune will be the sweet spot for now. X-Pipe later when my wife no longer wants to ride in her and has her own car. ;)

Besides if I go F/I I would probably go with a Whipple supercharger or Boostworks TT. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
I've had 3 cars with positive displacement supercharger (09 CTS-V, 2007 Mustang GT I put a Whipple/Kooks longtubes on and a 13 GT500). All of them were pullied/modded and all were reliable, fun to drive and fast. That being said, NOTHING I have driven pulls like the Hellion kit I put on my '16. It was a LOT more labor intensive to install over the Whipple kit on my 07, but I've had zero issues and it looks fantastic under the hood. The throttle response of my supercharged cars was definitely superior, as there is a noticeable lag in my TT car until it hits around 4k, at which time you'd best be paying attention! The lag was far more noticeable with a stock converter and I have since installed a 3B, which has all but eliminated it (but still not as instantly responsive as the positive displacement superchargers). Like I said, zero issues with the TT setup and the only problem I ever had with my supercharged cars was a bent tensioner on my 07 during a dragstrip run, which broke the belt and sent it into my hood causing it to almost go completely through and leaving a large dent. That problem was fixed with a Steeda supertensioner. You can't go wrong either way, but I would surmise it this way: daily driver I would probably go with a positive displacement supercharger for the throttle response and stock like driveability. If it's not your daily and just a weekend or fun car, no question I would go TT due to the addictive power/pull and ability to add more at the touch of a button if desired. Can't vouch for the other kits which I'm sure are great, but can't say enough about Hellion-top notch customer service before, during and after the sale and their kit speaks for itself. Good luck in whatever you choose!

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Both would be a great option and have the ability to push big power. We run Whipple on all of our shop cars here at Lethal Performance and have never had an issue with their products! Feel free to shoot me a PM and pick my brain with whatever questions you might, I would be glad to assist!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]na7_tA2cxuc[/MEDIA]"]

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
All depends on what you want to do with the car. Is it a manual? We've gone 100k in both the Whipple and TVS cars without having to worry about anything. The dependability of them are just awesome.

OP
OP

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Both would be a great option and have the ability to push big power. We run Whipple on all of our shop cars here at Lethal Performance and have never had an issue with their products! Feel free to shoot me a PM and pick my brain with whatever questions you might, I would be glad to assist!

I am looking forward to see some numbers on the new Gen3 whipple!

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am looking forward to see some numbers on the new Gen3 whipple!
I would at least wait for some of the guys on 6G to take delivery of their Gen 3 units to see how well they are performing before you make your final decision. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Biggest difference is going to be torque. The turbo cars make a lot more torque up top than the blowers do. Horsepower with a blower is simple and proven with pretty much every blower.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello.

One of the greatest advantages of a twin turbo setup is the docile nature of daily driving performance, then at the push of the throttle the rush of adjustable boost and power!

A supercharger will always drag the engine, even when just idling. Superchargers also have very limited power under the curve, with the peak power numbers only at one split second at high rpm. A comparable Hellion twin kit will have peak much lower and carry it out----a fact that is seen when you watch a 10 psi turbo and a 10 psi blower race each other....the turbo gets out front and keeps on going :headbang:

One of our largest group of customers are unsatisfied supercharger customers that want to switch because they are "underwhelmed" with their current performance.

Thank you for considering turbo, and please let us know if we can answer any questions.

Team Hellion

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I run the stage 2 Paxton kit.

Drives like stock but goes into warp speed very quickly. A quick stab of the throttle and she's in boost and pulling HARD.

Tough to beat the Paxton for bang for buck and HP numbers.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah np here as well tvs roush, and drives normal as can be till ya stab it then all hell cuts loose lol .. to each there own i guess i'm very pleased with my blower system

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Underwhelmed at mid 9s at 140mph plus haha. Must be rough.
Sponsored