Whipple winter mode - largest pulley?

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
^ what’s done to the s4? Az?

Op you’re not going to see a mpg increase from changing pullies on a pd blower. If you’re concerned with 2 extra mpg, you’re driving the wrong car lol. Both my CtsV and s4 have small snout/large crank aggressive pulley combos and both get good mpg when I’m light on the go pedal. Driving like a grandma is your best bet to improved mpg...
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
^ what’s done to the s4? Az?...
Nice stable you have there. Mines EPL Stage 2 plus TCU. Looking to add Merc HE and dual pulley maybe for black Friday.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I cant imagine trying to drive one of these in the snow let alone with the whipple installed. Lucky Im not in that situation to have to.
i live in north dakota and we had a crap ton on snow last year. my car was on nokian hakkapelittia tires and worth every single penny i paid for the tires!!

https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2/

IMO best snow tires money can buy.

It was a blast to drive all winter. heated seats auto start snow tires bring it old man winter!!

sure got to see alot of 4x4 trucks and suvs in the ditch last winter but no yellow 5.0s!! :lol:

10/10 Wood Winter Again!! :headbang:

OP
OP
Ruiner46

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
^ what’s done to the s4? Az?

Op you’re not going to see a mpg increase from changing pullies on a pd blower. If you’re concerned with 2 extra mpg, you’re driving the wrong car lol. Both my CtsV and s4 have small snout/large crank aggressive pulley combos and both get good mpg when I’m light on the go pedal. Driving like a grandma is your best bet to improved mpg...
I wouldn't say I'm concerned with mpg really. I just finished off a few tanks of Sunoco 260 GT :D

I was just doing the math and figured that a larger pulley would pay for itself in one winter if I gained 2mpg. I might not get that, but I should see something by spinning the blower slower. I have zero traction on dry pavement with the snow tires, so might as well try to save gas. I'll already be driving like a grandma on those tires.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't say I'm concerned with mpg really. I just finished off a few tanks of Sunoco 260 GT :D

I was just doing the math and figured that a larger pulley would pay for itself in one winter if I gained 2mpg. I might not get that, but I should see something by spinning the blower slower. I have zero traction on dry pavement with the snow tires, so might as well try to save gas. I'll already be driving like a grandma on those tires.
But cold weather driving alone decreases mpg:doh:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruiner46

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I'll be driving in cold weather no matter what pulley I run, so I don't understand your point. How does cold weather decrease gas mileage? I haven't ever heard that.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
  • Engine and transmission friction increases in cold temperatures due to cold engine oil and other drive-line fluids.
  • It takes longer for your engine to reach its most fuel-efficient temperature. This affects shorter trips more, since your car spends more of your trip at less-than-optimal temperatures.
  • Heated seats, window defrosters, and heater fans use additional power.
  • Warming up your vehicle before you start your trip lowers your fuel economy—idling gets 0 miles per gallon.
  • Colder air is denser, increasing aerodynamic drag on your vehicle, especially at highway speeds.
  • Tire pressure decreases in colder temperatures, increasing rolling resistance.
  • Winter grades of gasoline can have slightly less energy per gallon than summer blends.
  • Battery performance decreases in cold weather, making it harder for your alternator to keep your battery charged.
  • Icy or snow-covered roads decrease your tires' grip on the road, wasting energy.
  • Safe driving speeds on slick roads can be much lower than normal, further reducing fuel economy, especially at speeds below 30 to 40 mph.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I get like 8mpg on E85. I can't believe this is a conversation in a 600whp plus forum.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Funny u bring that up about 4x4's and suv's. If its bad(snow), I drop the air pressure way down on my diesel 250, its a must. My wifes limited 4runner however is ridiculious good in the snow. My mustang won't even get uncovered from dec-march. Lol

i live in north dakota and we had a crap ton on snow last year. my car was on nokian hakkapelittia tires and worth every single penny i paid for the tires!!

https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2/

IMO best snow tires money can buy.

It was a blast to drive all winter. heated seats auto start snow tires bring it old man winter!!

sure got to see alot of 4x4 trucks and suvs in the ditch last winter but no yellow 5.0s!! :lol:

10/10 Wood Winter Again!! :headbang:
Sponsored