3.48 Pulley - 10psi?

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
You said you reset your boost gauge, do you have an electronic or mechanical gauge? Maybe there's a disconnect in the amount it's reading. It sounds a bit odd to have that much fluctuation, also, do you have an intercooled set up?
I would suspect the boost gauge as well unless it is down on power.
It is an electronic gauge but I had a friend hook up a brand new, still in the box gauge to my car and it read the same as mine. I do have an intercooled setup. I'm going to go take it for a ride/datalog and come back while it's hot to do a leak test.

U need to check your engine vaccum at idle and see what it is.Warmed up it should be around 22.Also best way to check for leaks is find someone with a smoke machine.
I'm going to do another datalog, so I'll pay attention to the vacuum at idle and report back. I'll see if someone local has one. Shouldn't be too much to have it smoked, yeah?
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Mechanical boost gauge is the only way I ever go with my cars. Seems like the BOV fixed the actual problem and now its the gauge?

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
U need to check your engine vaccum at idle and see what it is.Warmed up it should be around 22.Also best way to check for leaks is find someone with a smoke machine.
I went out driving for 30 minutes and checked it when I got back in the driveway. The stock vacuum/boost gauge was showing 19.7 while my AEM X-Series boost gauge was showing -20.4 to -20.8 vacuum. I think the BOV fixed the issue and now it's a matter of belt slip due to the SC oil getting onto the belt.

I made 12.5 lbs on my first run after letting the car warm up for 10 minutes in the driveway. After that, I was only able to make 7.5-10.6 lbs. I popped the hood to look if the belt came off at all and noticed oil coming from the SC fill up. It's not over-filled and it has a brass washer. I'll replace it and see if it still leaks.

Mechanical boost gauge is the only way I ever go with my cars. Seems like the BOV fixed the actual problem and now its the gauge?
I think the BOV fixed it and now it's just belt slip. I'll check into a mechanical but I like the fact I can go back and see what my boost was at (X-Series)

Last edited:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I went out driving for 30 minutes and checked it when I got back in the driveway. The stock vacuum/boost gauge was showing 19.7 while my AEM X-Series boost gauge was showing -20.4 to -20.8 vacuum. I think the BOV fixed the issue and now it's a matter of belt slip due to the SC oil getting onto the belt.

I made 12.5 lbs on my first run after letting the car warm up for 10 minutes in the driveway. After that, I was only able to make 7.5-10.6 lbs. I popped the hood to look if the belt came off at all and noticed oil coming from the SC fill up. It's not over-filled and it has a brass washer. I'll replace it and see if it still leaks.

I think the BOV fixed it and now it's just belt slip. I'll check into a mechanical but I like the fact I can go back and see what my boost was at (X-Series)

Did you install the vent plug when you installed the supercharger?

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I would suspect the boost gauge as well unless it is down on power.
His dynos were way low. So its not making boost for some reason. Like he said, he got oil on the belt.

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
His dynos were way low. So its not making boost for some reason. Like he said, he got oil on the belt.
I seemed to of fixed the oil leaking out issue but still only making 9-10 pounds. I'm wondering if the belt just isn't tight enough, even tho it wasn't easy to put on. 101 5/8 gates HD belt on the 4th hole from the left. Maybe I'll try out at 100 inch.:shrug:

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just realized we have the same belt... it's in the wrong hole on the tensioner! I had the same issue, literally same result as you 550whp... moved hole tighter, 700+whp lol.. try 3rd from left hole, should be middle one!

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Just realized we have the same belt... it's in the wrong hole on the tensioner! I had the same issue, literally same result as you 550whp... moved hole tighter, 700+whp lol.. try 3rd from left hole, should be middle one!

I'll try it when I get home. Stock belt tensenior?

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
yep

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thats right, tensioner shouldn't be maxed out at least mine wasn't after it settles and runs for a minute..

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Thats right, tensioner shouldn't be maxed out at least mine wasn't after it settles and runs for a minute..
I took it for a drive and it's still maxed out. I got on it a few times.. Made 10lbs, 14.3 lbs and 13.5 lbs. I pulled over, looked under the hood and there's oil all over. I ensured it was all clean before I took it for a drive. I think the leak is coming from the drain line connection, I'll look into that on a day off... But about the tensioner..

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharger oil? Weird ya check the drain line..

OP
OP

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Supercharger oil? Weird ya check the drain line..
Yeah, SC oil. It's not coming from the top, it's all over the bottom and on the bracket. I'll deal with that on Monday. I'm just wondering why my tensioner is maxed out if we have the same setup.
Sponsored