Sponsored

Whipple gen 3 or VMP stage 3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
Selling my paxton kit with all that it came with. Looking to get a PD blower. I know there are plenty of threads with dyno #'s and times, but looking for good torque and potential when I make the switch to e85. I don't think the Gen 3 whipple has been tested much yet, but wanted to know the difference in power if you lined one up against the other?
Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Selling my paxton kit with all that it came with. Looking to get a PD blower. I know there are plenty of threads with dyno #'s and times, but looking for good torque and potential when I make the switch to e85. I don't think the Gen 3 whipple has been tested much yet, but wanted to know the difference in power if you lined one up against the other?
It's still to early to tell, unfortunately. All of the Gen 3 news was just released yesterday, so no real comparisons between different applications just yet. Gen3 kits will start shipping in a few weeks, so it wont be long before we have more information and more numbers with different set ups.

Depending on what you want to get out of the car, you really can't go wrong with either kit. Both provide great power, and perform well at the Track.

If you would like to discuss this further or have any questions, please give us a call at Lethal Performance. We'll do our best to help in any way we can.

Matt

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
unnamed-3_zpscuqaponp.jpg

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
if it was me i would hold out for the whipple. it seems to be an increase in efficiency. maybe it will even have some old fashion whine to it lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wait till the new TVS 2650 comes out. I think VMP will have their own version of it as well. That will be worth the wait. After all, it is VMP. :thumbsup:
I think there's a video of it's preview somewhere on Youtube if you care to do the search.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are great units, the new gen 3 whipple will be pretty stout i think

we'll be doing a before and after on a car that is already running in the 8s, should be a great dyno comparison with that being the only change

hit us up with all your blower needs

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
both are great units, the new gen 3 whipple will be pretty stout i think

we'll be doing a before and after on a car that is already running in the 8s, should be a great dyno comparison with that being the only change

hit us up with all your blower needs
If a member buys a used Whipple Supercharger from a member,how much would it be for the rest of the Whipple Stage 2 kit?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
have to price it out, but usually piece together kits are more expensive than buying a kit complete

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Roush is about to release their new bad boy blower. If I were you I would wait for it.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
If a member buys a used Whipple Supercharger from a member,how much would it be for the rest of the Whipple Stage 2 kit?
Off the top of my head I think the Stage 2 parts kit is $4500. You could spend upwards of 3500 for a take off and still come out ahead, and I think that will be on the high end for what they go for.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Either one I think you're going to be extremely happy with. Watch out for a few tests that we're running later on:)

Any questions at all give us a shout!

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Here's the kit pricing minus the Gen 2 blower:

WK-2620S1-PARTS = 2015+ Stage 1 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $3695 retail

WK-2620S2-PARTS = 2015+ Stage 2 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $4495 retail

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
After pricing a stage II whipped with the dual fans last thanksgiving I was at $7200 to my door. The $800 in savings wouldn't be worth it to me on a used earlier tech blower.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have the VMP, I'd probably go whipple if I could do it over

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
After pricing a stage II whipped with the dual fans last thanksgiving I was at $7200 to my door. The $800 in savings wouldn't be worth it to me on a used earlier tech blower.
I agree 100%,Pm the vendor that has that price on the Stage 2 Kit.Thanks
Sponsored