Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hello

My vert was imported from Canada.

The only visual difference is that the lower grill is not your typical pattern. Rather, it appears to be the same grill used if you buy the package with the front sensors on them.

The reason is simple...now you can get the Ford accessory cable to attach to the standard engine block heater and have the plug run out through the front of the grill.

I understand a few northern states also require a standard engine block heater and also have the same grill.

So...if you think you have either front sensors or an engine block heater-check your lower grill.

Thanks

CVCashmere
Canadian Bottom Grill.jpg
Sponsored

blubyu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
hmmm looks like the front on my 50th Anniversary Pkg 15 GT, wonder if I have the engine block heater, hmm have to check!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
the 50th anniversary came with that lower grill by default. Would have looked strange to have the fangs only on the lower part of the grill, since the horizontal chrome bars and corral'ed pony were unique to the 50th package and deleted the "fangs" in the main grill opening.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hello

My vert was imported from Canada.

The only visual difference is that the lower grill is not your typical pattern. Rather, it appears to be the same grill used if you buy the package with the front sensors on them.

The reason is simple...now you can get the Ford accessory cable to attach to the standard engine block heater and have the plug run out through the front of the grill.

I understand a few northern states also require a standard engine block heater and also have the same grill.

So...if you think you have either front sensors or an engine block heater-check your lower grill.

Thanks

CVCashmere
That is the grill for the ACC radar unit, if you change the grill it stops working, i have the same grill on my ACC CS, mind you the car is a Canadian Spec :headbang:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Not all Canadian cars have that lower grill. You have to check the engine block heater option when ordering.

Plenty around have the standard lower grill.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
My Canadian engine block heater cord is located just above the front belly pan. The rest of the connector was stored in the trunk.

My theory is that the 2015 GT's came with the heater standard, but the other engines did not?

Any proof to the theory?

CVCashmere

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have a Canadian market base '16 PP1/Recaros, it does not have block heater or that grill.

Stealthfall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Ecoboosts in Canada came standard with the block heater, V6s and GTs had it as optional.

jcruik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Do any owners of 2018+ Canadian Mustangs with the block heater also have grill shutters? It's my understanding that ordering the block heater will delete the grill shutters.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a 2018 Canadian GT with the engine block heater. I don't know what grille shutters are, though.

jcruik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
If yours has them, you can see the slats behind the grille and in front of the radiator. Pretty much like venetian blinds. They're mostly designed to improve aerodynamics at speed and slightly increase mpg. Another CAFE enhancement.

1642457804732.png

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
How are you liking the 6500 RPM redline tach on a 7400 redline motor? :)
I have a 2020 Canadian GT with the incorrect tach face. Has anyone been able to resolve the issue? I’ve considered finding a used cluster with similar mileage but I feel there should be a better resolution.
Also, I do not have grill shutters.
Sponsored