Sponsored

Whipple Down on Power (Culprit Found?)

street5911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Good Evening Fellas,

So I installed my Whipple Stg. 2 at the end of the season last year and just brought the car out of storage for the year. I had the car running on Whipple Flight Control, then switched to Lund for the cammed tune and a truly custom tune for my vehicle. After that, the car went on the rollers and I was a bit letdown. I wasn't seeing the numbers I expected with my mods I installed.

Skeptical, I figured every dyno is different and I don't track the car so I moved along. I got a bug today to try and figure out why it was low on power.

The car runs fine, makes decent power, has a smooth dyno graph, everything is solid, just lacking the numbers a tiny bit.

I went through the datalogs, clamps, couplers, etc. Nothing.

As a last resort, I decided to check everything post blower to see if I was losing air somewhere as I never run a boost gauge since its such a low boosted car and I never change pulleys, etc.

BEHOLD! Tell me what you think and if this might be a result of the low numbers I saw on the rollers, without any adverse effects.

On the intake manifold, under the blower, but above the intercooler, you have several ports. Some are plugged, some for IAT2 temps, some for boost reference, etc.

I have (2) of my ports plugged. Check out the plugs that were installed.

One is solid, one has a hole. I believe I'm losing boost pressure through this hole and seeing the lower numbers, but perfect driveability as a result.

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Should be quite noticeable

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
when I was installing my boost gauge I left the bolt out and started the car and it wouldn't even stay running so you should definitely see a difference in power lol
Sponsored