Sponsored

New Cervini's Spoiler Installed

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Swapped out my wimpy tech spoiler for the new Cervini's Stalker spoiler. Was a bit of a hassle to get her delivered and painted, but worth it in the end.
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
How was the quality of fit?

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
How was the quality of fit?
Really good...it's all 3M VHB tape. I had a small nick in my stripe when I removed my tech spoiler near the upper lip of the deck lid.

Since the spoiler didn't have pins, I was able to install a little further back to cover the nick. As a result the end pieces on the fender had to be a little further back than normal.

So the edge that would be on the vertical edge of the trunk lid doesn't quite touch. You can't see it unless the trunk is open and you are looking at it. If I didn't have to have the main piece a little further back, looks like it would be a perfect fit.

I will say, I'd have Cervini's prep and paint. This spoiler is relatively new so they were backlogged. Was quoted 7-10 painted, then 2-3 weeks after invoiced...which was still in the time frame when my car was going to be in the shop for Ceramic coating.

However after a follow up call, was told an added 3-4 weeks. Couldn't delay my shop work, so had them ship an unpainted spoiler and the shop would send to their painter.

Cervini's said the quality was good and little prep would be needed. I had bought a hood from them for my 08 GT500 years ago and the quality was great. The spoiler had a lot of little "pits". Took several coats of epoxy primer and sanding to get perfect. Cost me $200 more than Cervini's paint fee...

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Oh and the end caps on the fender pieces come textured black if you order it painted from Cervini's. Not sure if that's for all colors or just black...since I had it painted, I was able to paint them gloss black.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my wimpy tech spoiler for the new Cervini's Stalker spoiler. Was a bit of a hassle to get her delivered and painted, but worth it in the end.
Autobot badge? But its not a chevy.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Autobot badge? But its not a chevy.
Any true fan of the Transformers LORE....not just the movies, but the true LORE understands ANY car can be a autobot. In truth it was not till much later in the stories that decepticons would even allow themselves to be cars.

Also i know the whole Chevy badged Bumblebee...blah blah blah..

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Any true fan of the Transformers LORE....not just the movies, but the true LORE understands ANY car can be a autobot. In truth it was not till much later in the stories that decepticons would even allow themselves to be cars.

Also i know the whole Chevy badged Bumblebee...blah blah blah..
Thanks! I'm an 80's geek. My Car's name is Sunstreaker. I love robots and cars, so obviously I love Transformers. All my cars have been TF themed. My last Boss 302 was Bossimus Prime:headbang:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Forgive me; maybe i should had said its not a Volks Wagen Beattle.

Just stating that yes chevy does the TF package on the camaro.

Maybe i should paint my calipers purple and change the white accent stripes to purple. Use a decepticon badge and call mine Blackjack

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Forgive me; maybe i should had said its not a Volks Wagen Beattle.

Just stating that yes chevy does the TF package on the camaro.

Maybe i should paint my calipers purple and change the white accent stripes to purple. Use a decepticon badge and call mine Blackjack
I think purple stripes would look sick on your metallic...even purple pinstripe vs the white...I'd go with Shockwave
Sponsored