Sponsored

KB IAT's??

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm certain I've seen this posted so forgive me for not searching (I'm using my phone) but I'm thinking about getting a KB 2.8LC or 3.2LC and I was curious what you guys that are running these blowers are seeing for IAT's since the heat changers have no fans? Has anyone tried installing thier own fans or are the IAT's not very high while in stop and go traffic etc?
Sponsored

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Typically, we see 25-30 degrees F above ambient while in traffic. Kenne Bell has a very good cooling system, and fans really aren't required. If anything, above 40-50mph, the fans become a restriction. So, it's balancing act between trying to keep your car cool at low speed/traffic (when it really doesn't matter), versus keeping it cool at moderate to high speeds (when it really does matter).

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i was sitting in a cramped drive through today. ambient was probably 75F with high humidity. IAT got up to 126. as soon as i started to move, it dropped to 115 or so.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Also, on a side note. The KB should have a cooler intake charge than the others as it draws in air from the drivers side fender. As apposed to the engine bay like everyother kit out there
Sponsored