Vehicle Showcase

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
I had to save those lug nut links for later. Just put my new EC-7 wheels on today, and they front's required spacers. The lug nuts that came with my coyote spacers were soft as hell, and are going to be a bitch to get off now this winter. Think I'll order up the Gorilla lugs and throw those others away when they come off.

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I had to save those lug nut links for later. Just put my new EC-7 wheels on today, and they front's required spacers. The lug nuts that came with my coyote spacers were soft as hell, and are going to be a bitch to get off now this winter. Think I'll order up the Gorilla lugs and throw those others away when they come off.
Good plan! I ordered 20 with the plan of throwing the ones on the back away as soon as I get the Gorillas.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Yeah my McGuard's are nice. The lugs behind them on the spacers are complete shit. Wish I would have prepared a little better, but oh well. No worries until I have to remove them anyways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Great news, I called Gorilla and talked to their technician there. He said they always recommend using the factory spec with lug nuts and there would be absolutely no problem with 148 lb ft, they're rated higher than that. I let him know these aren't the lug nuts called for by the manufacturer, he said that didn't matter and was VERY confident. I'm really glad I talked to him and when they come in, I'll be confident installing them to the proper factory spec. Of course the wheels will still only be bolted down to the adapter's spec of ~95 lb ft.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great news, I called Gorilla and talked to their technician there. He said they always recommend using the factory spec with lug nuts and there would be absolutely no problem with 148 lb ft, they're rated higher than that. I let him know these aren't the lug nuts called for by the manufacturer, he said that didn't matter and was VERY confident. I'm really glad I talked to him and when they come in, I'll be confident installing them to the proper factory spec. Of course the wheels will still only be bolted down to the adapter's spec of ~95 lb ft.
As they should be! It always makes me go :crazy: when people go lower on torque because they have aftermarket wheels...

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
As they should be! It always makes me go :crazy: when people go lower on torque because they have aftermarket wheels...
Agreed! The wheel has absolutely nothing to do with the torque.
Sponsored