Sponsored

Supercharger Feedback... Share your opinions :)

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
4500 miles so far on my procharger setup. Drives pretty much like stock under 4k. Install overall wasn't that bad. Huge intercooler is badass. Intake temps are usually only 3 degrees higher than ambient. Helical gearset is quiet, but you can still hear it when idling or cruising through the parking lot. I'm still on stock procharger tune. I went to track last Saturday(drove over 2 hours each way) and leaving at idle the car ran a best of 11.69@120. That's with a 1.98 60 foot. So with some drag radials and halfshafts, should easily be lower 11's. I couldn't leave at anything over idle or had bad wheel hop. I didn't build this for 1/4 mile or the track. Just a fun street car. Can't wait to install my long tubes and get a custom tune.
Sponsored

Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hello Guys I am a new member but also been lurking around for a while ... I picked up a 2017 GT Premium A6 about a month or so now and have done couple mods E85 tune, ARH long tubes, Borla catback !! Very happy with the Stang but since I have owned many boosted cars I'm ready to step up lol !! I have done some searching and got some good knowledge on these chargers but I still have some questions to ask lol ...

Narrow it down to Whipple or VMP and would like some owners to give some feedback on them ... but haven't ruled out Paxton option as well..drivability and reliability would be my main concern , I know OPG and CG are a must but how many have been logging some miles without the upgrade? How much boost are most pushing on these coyotes? Thanks for the help guys !!
I am running a complete Vortech kit on my '17 GT six speed. Nice subtle whine at ideal. Drive ability is near stock. Power comes on strong from about 3k. I have the blackout kit, so looks factory. The tune is certainly conservative and you can upgrade should you want to. They passed CARB certification, with emissions legality coming in a few month, if that is important. What ever you decide to get, do it! Now!:headbang:

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
[ame]

want it to sound like that?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Very Nice .. love the Whipple set up but since I have LT headers with no cats I would need to spend the extra money for a custom tune as well ... but so far I hear that the Whipple has the best stock Like drivability which is what I'm looking for at this time ... thanks for the reply :)
Thanks! I also have longtubes with no cats. All you need is a $30 set of O2 foulers and you're set to run the Whipple tune and will pass emissions :thumbsup:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My previous car was a 2005 Mustang GT with no cats, xpipe and full suspension upgrade and a Paxton 2200SL putting down 500hp to the rear wheels.

Current car is a 2015 Mustang GT LE with a Whipple stage 1 and stock engine except OPG, ATI Damper and Forged cam sprocket, full suspension upgrade and it is putting down 620HP to the rear wheels.

Personally I like the Whipple a lot more then the centri. The centri came on hard and fast at the higher rpms which made it a bit unpredictable sometimes when transitioning into boost and when shifting under hard acceleration.
The Whipple has a nice linear power increase that is very predictable and very easy to control. It puts down 120 more hp than my 05 GT but drives so much smoother that it is easy to forget sometimes that you have all that power.

With the Paxton I had to get it tuned at an additional cost. With the whipple it works right out of the box and you can use their software to make your own adjustments.

I did the install myself on both superchargers and the Whipple was the easiest of the two to install.

My 2 cents.

Engine Bay.JPG
I had the Paxton 2200 HO kit on my 08 Bullitt and loved it, but like you, I prefer the Whipple. I'd have to disagree about the Whipple being easier to install though. I thought the Whipple install was a bit more involved than my S197 3V Paxton kit. Either way, different platform cars so not really comparable anyways...

Btw, my 3V put down 520rwhp with the Paxton and full exhaust.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Thanks! I also have longtubes with no cats. All you need is a $30 set of O2 foulers and you're set to run the Whipple tune and will pass emissions :thumbsup:
Cool .. can you post a link for the ones you used ? That's pretty good idea :)

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Racing Integration in Tampa has a free install deal going on Whipples. It ends soon so I'd reach out to them ASAP.

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Wow that escalated fast lol .. thanks for all the replies , keep em coming I would love to hear from some VMP set ups to !!
My VMP choice was based on OEM reliability. Wanted to be able to make a cross country drive if I wanted to at anytime. I've been a master tech for 20 years now and have seen every kit sc or turbo and my choice was based on experience.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I went with the Maggy set up from Livernois. Car drives amazing like stock when cruising but when you want boot bam, rocket with no issues. And was under $5500 installed for 591 whp with a conservative tune. The system rerouted the IAT to post intercooler and I never see IAT over 10 above ambient even when in traffic not moving.

here is a shot at 69 mph IAT at 51 when outside was 49. this system is for those ballers on a budget :lol: and has better IAT than others out there. But they all good blowers just make sure to go PD. Only way to go.
IMG_7862.jpg

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Paxton because u cant beat it for the money,procharger because its the easiest to install and has the lowest iat of all the kits and one of the best intercoolers.
At least the PC guys have something to brag about....lol

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
At least the PC guys have something to brag about....lol
And the fact that Procharger doesn't sick up like sore dick with a funny looking black condom for a air intake like a Paxton :) :lol:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
So far I'm liking my Roush/Ford Racing Phase 1 SC. I got it tuned on a dyno and not the Roush calibration which is well known to be too conservative. (Maybe that changed, I don't know). It gives me well over 600rwhp with the stock system, and for how I drive, it's plenty of power for me. But, I could've literally flipped a coin getting any of the SC's. In my opinion they're all good and give plenty of bang for the buck.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
And the fact that Procharger doesn't sick up like sore dick with a funny looking black condom for a air intake like a Paxton :) :lol:
At least a big strong tube. Watch out! Dont let that pretty impeller get damaged by that soft coupler. Dont worry the aftermarket has got procharger covered lol

There is a guy on facebook with a procharged s550 that is taking a shit on him. Sounds like the gear case is about to explode. Procharger told him to get f*cked. What a company!