Sponsored

Supercharger Feedback... Share your opinions :)

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I love my supercharger, I got the Roush. One thing I like about the Roush is that it does not have a whine, you can't tell my car is boosted by listening to it.

One thing that became readily apparent to me is that 1st gear becomes almost unusable for taking off fast. You really have to re-learn how to drive the car. 2nd gear is tricky but the traction workable with better tires and finesse on the gas pedal. I have the Nitto NT555 G2 tires in the rear and even though these are wonderful tires for traction I still need a little more grip. I am working on my suspension now to fix the rest of the grip issues I have, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Once you get going grip is not an issue and the car pulls hard even on 5th, I love it.
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
For supercharger, Whipple hands down. Although they are all pretty nice set ups. However, if I was starting over now, i'd go TT for sure.
same except i chose kenne bell and would choose them again for blower.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Pretty much all the blowers available will provide more power than the stock Coyote will handle. I went with Whipplebecause of their customer service, tuning(flight control is huge), and the oem looks and quality. Car drives just like stock until you mash the pedal, then hold the F on!

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
same except i chose kenne bell and would choose them again for blower.
Can never argue about a KB :cheers:. Always liked those.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Go with what you want and what you can afford. They all good

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is the first time I've added FI to a car, and the thing I would suggest as priority #1 is pick who is going to tune your car. I thought going with a canned tune from the manufacturer would be the safest bet for a reliable, emissions passing install. That was probably one of the worst decisions I've made where it comes to an aftermarket modification. Here I am 6 months after starting the process I've just come to the conclusion that starting over might be the best move.

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Wow that escalated fast lol .. thanks for all the replies , keep em coming I would love to hear from some VMP set ups to !!

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
This is the first time I've added FI to a car, and the thing I would suggest as priority #1 is pick who is going to tune your car. I thought going with a canned tune from the manufacturer would be the safest bet for a reliable, emissions passing install. That was probably one of the worst decisions I've made where it comes to an aftermarket modification. Here I am 6 months after starting the process I've just come to the conclusion that starting over might be the best move.
What set up do you have ? What is it that You didn't like about the standard tune ?

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Happy with my whipple

My previous car was a 2005 Mustang GT with no cats, xpipe and full suspension upgrade and a Paxton 2200SL putting down 500hp to the rear wheels.

Current car is a 2015 Mustang GT LE with a Whipple stage 1 and stock engine except OPG, ATI Damper and Forged cam sprocket, full suspension upgrade and it is putting down 620HP to the rear wheels.

Personally I like the Whipple a lot more then the centri. The centri came on hard and fast at the higher rpms which made it a bit unpredictable sometimes when transitioning into boost and when shifting under hard acceleration.
The Whipple has a nice linear power increase that is very predictable and very easy to control. It puts down 120 more hp than my 05 GT but drives so much smoother that it is easy to forget sometimes that you have all that power.

With the Paxton I had to get it tuned at an additional cost. With the whipple it works right out of the box and you can use their software to make your own adjustments.

I did the install myself on both superchargers and the Whipple was the easiest of the two to install.

My 2 cents.

Engine Bay.JPG

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Pretty much all the blowers available will provide more power than the stock Coyote will handle. I went with Whipplebecause of their customer service, tuning(flight control is huge), and the oem looks and quality. Car drives just like stock until you mash the pedal, then hold the F on!
Very Nice .. love the Whipple set up but since I have LT headers with no cats I would need to spend the extra money for a custom tune as well ... but so far I hear that the Whipple has the best stock Like drivability which is what I'm looking for at this time ... thanks for the reply :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
My previous car was a 2005 Mustang GT with no cats, xpipe and full suspension upgrade and a Paxton 2200SL putting down 500hp to the rear wheels.

Current car is a 2015 Mustang GT LE with a Whipple stage 1 and stock engine except OPG, ATI Damper and Forged cam sprocket, full suspension upgrade and it is putting down 620HP to the rear wheels.

Personally I like the Whipple a lot more then the centri. The centri came on hard and fast at the higher rpms which made it a bit unpredictable sometimes when transitioning into boost and when shifting under hard acceleration.
The Whipple has a nice linear power increase that is very predictable and very easy to control. It puts down 120 more hp than my 05 GT but drives so much smoother that it is easy to forget sometimes that you have all that power.

With the Paxton I had to get it tuned at an additional cost. With the whipple it works right out of the box and you can use their software to make your own adjustments.

I did the install myself on both superchargers and the Whipple was the easiest of the two to install.

My 2 cents.

Engine Bay.JPG

Great feedback.. see my problem is with the Whipple tune I will have an engine light since my LT headers don't have cats , so most likely will need a custom tune which will change the all ball game !! Thanks for the input !!

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
All of the mentioned FI will do the job, most important part is the tuner.
Where Im from its taboo to do a SC instead of turbo but I have zero remorse about it.
Ive owned both Vortech and Paxton and worked on PD/turbo cars all of which have pros and cons.
The paxton on my 15 is so easy to drive that the wife uses it as a daily and has a carseat in it for the 4yo.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
whatever power adder someone has is what they are going to recommend and say is the best lol. because everyone wants to believe they have the best..

that said, there really isn't a best, there is what you want , how you drive, etc..

all the kits will do a good job for you we have them all available!!! hit us up

www.teambeefcakeracing.com
Sad but most likely true.

OP
OP
SAL08HO

SAL08HO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium
Well here is my GT waiting for some Boost :) thanks for all the feedback guys

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Paxton because u cant beat it for the money,procharger because its the easiest to install and has the lowest iat of all the kits and one of the best intercoolers.
Sponsored