Sponsored

Opinions needed on a 2017 GT PP or Premium..

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I think I'll go and drive them both what's the difference between the torsion rear end and the standard one? I also found a used 2016 with 15k miles for 28k it's a premium pp. is that a good used price or should I see he will go down it's a dealer.

That seems low to me for the dealer price. That's around or less than the trade in value should be unless someone got ripped off. No accidents? Also make sure it's really a performance pack and not just the wheels. (Edit yea, just looked and around here everything premium + PP with similar mileage to that is listed at 32k...2015s with twice the mileage are 29-30k). Premium + PP seem to usually get a bump in price compared to one or the other (probably more desirable because the combo gives a more iconic look that matches toys and what's in video games :p)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
I just ran a vin check no accidents or anything reported other than a recall. Is there a way to tell if the car is a pp with vin or the info that comes on the door sil?

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I just ran a vin check no accidents or anything reported other than a recall. Is there a way to tell if the car is a pp with vin or the info that comes on the door sil?

There are warnings on the door sill to not drive under something like 45 degrees because of the summer tires.

Most obvious is the oil pressure and vacuum gauges on the dash. The aluminum dash is engine turned (there is a pattern) instead of plain. Strut tower brace under the hood. Big front brakes, etc. etc.

OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ok it seems to have everything I was questioning because there's not a good pic of the front breaks but has the gauges, the dash, strut tower brace the wheels say they're 19 and 19.5 on the door which I see a lot on the pp. I might just jump on this one then sounds like it's a really good deal

Sponsored

OP
OP

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I faced the same choice, mostly because I knew the $300-ish payments I was still making on my '06 were going to be a LOT higher with a brand new '16. To be honest I didn't even do my homework with what was coming with mustang packages, I went in there just figuring you had v6's, the v8 GT's, and now the Eco's. I wanted a GT, and I wanted it manual. I'm going through all the cars they had going "Why do these have 3.31's, 3.55's, and 3.73's? Performance package, you say? Yeah suspension, brakes, that's all great screw em! Gimme those 3.73's!!!!" But weighing it all in, I pretty much decided OK I want to spring for an extended warranty. Definitely want GAP. I figured payment-wise the shortest loan is gonna be the most ideal because I'll pay less in interest over the long haul of the loan but 72 months is the absolute longest I can live with (and what I ended up doing). Anything higher than a 4% APR and I'm walking out. I'm willing to shell out up to $550/month, that's what I'll budget for which means I'm telling the sales guy I don't want to exceed $500. I figured under those terms, since I definitely want an extended warranty and GAP it looks like I can choose between premium trim or the PP. And I really wanted the PP. So I went that route.

My mind in these cars works all around the performance first and the cushy shit last if I have to prioritize. And I had it right nixing out the premium trim. I was shooting for $550/month and got $558. Good enough. Honestly the only pang I have towards not doing the premium is the LCD display. As far as the leather seats and all that goes, it's nice but I have a dog with some freddy krueger claws and I was kind of over laying down a bunch of stuff for her to sit on in my '06's leather while I contemplated tying her down in place like a 1920's psychiatric patient about to undergo shock therapy LOL. I guess it's a moot point now that I also have a used Explorer, but when I got this car it was all I had to drive at that point in time.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same way about the Brembos. You can upgrade to the 50th Anniversary ones for like $800 or $850 I believe, which I plan to do this summer. I also went with the 20", they look good, came with the same summer ties as the PP wheels, and when you get the 20in wheels from the factory you get the cowl brace. They are pricey though for the 20in wheel setup, and I think they upped the price now since you have to add the summer tires as an option on top of the wheels.
Wow where did you find them for that price?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
For the price the PP is offered at, it's a steal. Just look at the price of Brembos by themselves and the rest is just icing on the cake. Even then, you can sell the other stuff like the wheels and suspension if you change it.

I don't mind the bigger radiator either when it's 102 outside with 70-80% humidity in the summer.
I'm not denying the PP is a fantastic deal for the price - it is. But if you can only have one, it is premium for me - you aren't piecing a premium package together after the fact.

Brembos are great, but the standard brakes work very well for daily driving. Torsen diff - meh, again for daily driving not a biggie. Suspension, easy enough to upgrade on your own. Wheels and tires, again easy upgrade on your own at a later date. Bigger rad is nice in warmer climates, I guess.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
400A, PP, Recaros. Done.

Sponsored

Simp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT on the way
I hade a 16 GT PP I bought used and ended up 8 months later getting the one I really wanted. A 17 GT premium, 401a, PP.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Same Situation

I hade a 16 GT PP I bought used and ended up 8 months later getting the one I really wanted. A 17 GT premium, 401a, PP.
I am in the same situation - undecided if I am going with a 2018 or 2017 - but leaning towards the 2017. Now if I should go with Base PP GT or Premium PP GT.
If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your out the door price?
PM me if you wish to share. Thanks

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I'm not denying the PP is a fantastic deal for the price - it is. But if you can only have one, it is premium for me - you aren't piecing a premium package together after the fact.

Brembos are great, but the standard brakes work very well for daily driving. Torsen diff - meh, again for daily driving not a biggie. Suspension, easy enough to upgrade on your own. Wheels and tires, again easy upgrade on your own at a later date. Bigger rad is nice in warmer climates, I guess.
Respectfully Disagree. For $1000 bucks and sweat equity you can have better quality two tone leather with contrast stitching and piping, with door inserts, and an aftermarket touch screen nav system.

Replacing Cloth seats and radio is a helluva lot easier (and cheaper) than new rotors, calipers, pads, radiator, strut brace, torsen diff, and rear swaybar.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Wow where did you find them for that price?
A guy over on the suspension and brakes forum posted the parts list and prices. I think he pieced the setup together for $800-$850 using some of the sponsors on here. The calipers were $259 each with a $50 core charge, and the rest is just choosing rotors, and pads, and a few small odds and ends. Surprisingly most of the OEM parts are fairly cheap.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I had my heart set on on a PP equipped car starting out but test drove three different models so I could experience what each had to offer. I drove a base GT with A/T, a base with PP and a premium, in that order. Once I stepped out of that premium there was no going back to base, that car pressed just about all my buttons. I decided I could live without the PP and bought it. Zero regrets.... You'll know when you've found "the one" once you drive it.
Sponsored