2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
anyone ever use this and how does it work?, thanks
Sponsored

SpaceGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I had great results with it. It gives you the high, low and median price people have paid for the car with the same options. Then the dealers compete for the sale. I got my 15 with PP for 31k.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Trucar is crap. I tried it and had salesman calling me that didn't even know what I was looking for, they tried to sell me whatever they had on the lot. Save yourself the trouble and find a car yourself just my opinion

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership has to be a true car member dealership for them to honor the price!

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
There were only 3 certified dealers in 100 miles of me and non of them had the car that I described in the trucar app. They all called and tried to sell what they had on the lot. That wasn't what I wanted.

Sponsored

CarltonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevette
Worthless. The TrueCar prices I got weren't any better than what dealers had listed on their web sites. In a couple cases, they were even higher for the same car!

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I enrolled in Truecar back in Feb when I was actively shopping for a new car, I would describe the overall experience as being a big waste of my time.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
My dealer beat the true-car pricing all it did was cause 3 dealers, none of which were my local dealer to hound me for weeks, even after I told them I had already purchased.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
It works for those who do not want to 'haggle' and deal with dealers and 'closers'...BUT it is for ON THE GROUND cars. It is not intended to custom orders.

For the easy button it is simply best to join MCA and use XPlan - especially if you want to custom order...

Yes some dealers can and do beat XPlan but for those wanting the "easy button", no hassle type of buy XPlan is the best way to go.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I've had the best luck emailing multiple dealers in the area, telling them what I want and starting with the x-plan price. I tell them in the email that I am looking for a price better than x-plan. Out of all the dealers that responded, one came back considerably under the x-plan price. I've used a similar approach buying multiple vehicles. I've always felt I got a fair price.

Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
True car is a true waste of time.. every dealer beats true car price by thousands. Don't rely on true car.. you'll leave money on the table.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
TrueCar is only good for brands that typically dont negotiate or have "up front" pricing. Otherwise you can get a better deal on your own with less hassle most of the time.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I got both a truecar and a Costco quote (which was actually less than truecar). I used that as leverage saying that I could order a car with exactly what I wanted for this price, which was about 10% below MSPR. I then emailed a bunch of dealers and made them duke it out. When one sent me a quote, I forwarded it to the others asking if they could beat it. I also had no trade in and already had financing through my bank. I ended up getting my mustang for much less than the two quotes I originally got.
Sponsored