jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Hi everyone,

So I am waiting on my tax refund and I am trying to decide which modification I should do first.

I have about just under 1k for budget at this point...so what do you all think I should do first?

One thing I should mention is that the goal for this car is to make it handle like a fighter jet around the corners...this is strictly a weekend warrior car considering I get to walk to work everyday. As for horsepower...I think the mods I have listed will suit me just fine...not looking to Procharge. I will eventually tune the car, but I need to let my factory warranty expire first (especially since there are some issues I need to have ford take care of). This may seem odd, but I am not wanting to "muscle" the car and instead refine it - sort of going for a true sports car direction - adequate power and handle like nothing else...just something well balanced overall.

I do plan on lowering the car by the following amounts:.5 inch in the rear and 1in in the front.

Here are the choices:

1. SLP Loudmouth 2 axelback exhaust with H-pipe (add possible vibrant resonators depending on how bad the drone is (appx $700)

2. Ported upper and lower intake manifolds from super six motorsports (probably will need to get these professionally installed since I do not necessarily have all of the tools or experience to do this myself besides basic ratchet set) ($500)

3. Pedders Extrene XA Coilover kit (will have to have this done professionally since I do not own jack and jack stands) ($1075...might be higher because I want to ask for progressive springs instead of what AM is offering...might even contact Hyperco for a set of one-off springs)

4. Various IRS modifications - though I am not sure exactly what to do - not looking to really stiffen that much since I do not launch the car or drag race it

Basically I am trying to choose the first step in this part of my build since I am pretty much done with cosmetic enhancements (a couple of things are left to be done...but all interior work pretty much...not wanting to do that much with the exterior since I believe the car looks great as it came.
Sponsored

Last edited:

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Hi everyone,

So I am waiting on my tax refund and I am trying to decide which modification I should do first. Here are the choices:

1. SLP Loudmouth 2 axelback exhaust with H-pipe (add possible vibrant resonators depending on how bad the drone is (appx $700)

2. Ported upper and lower intake manifolds from super six motorsports (probably will need to get these professionally installed since I do not necessarily have all of the tools or experience to do this myself besides basic ratchet set) ($500)

3. Pedders Extrene XA Coilover kit (will have to have this done professionally since I do not own jack and jack stands) ($1075...might be higher because I want to ask for progressive springs instead of what AM is offering...might even contact Hyperco for a set of one-off springs)

4. Various IRS modifications (i.e. subframe braces, vertical links, rear toe links, etc.) - estimating 800

Basically I am trying to choose the first step in this part of my build...should I focus on horsepower or suspension?

I have about just under 1.5k for budget at this point...so what do you all think I should do first?
The BMR CB005 which I have and still think is the best thing I'v done so far and BMR's LCA bearings (anecdotal evidence says this is a great IRS mod). The LCA bearings are more involved but the CB005 only takes a little while to install and is a must IMHO. I go BMR because I love the quality and customer service of their stuff!

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
IRS is the weakest point at the moment. That should be addressed first imho. Yes the BMR CB005 is awesome, it really transforms the car. The list below is a good start.

-Diff inserts (Any brand of your choice)
-BMR CB005
-Rear Vertical Links (Any brand of your choice)
-LCA Bearings
-Toe to knuckle bearings

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
IRS is the weakest point at the moment. That should be addressed first imho. Yes the BMR CB005 is awesome, it really transforms the car. The list below is a good start.

-Diff inserts (Any brand of your choice)
-BMR CB005
-Rear Vertical Links (Any brand of your choice)
-LCA Bearings
-Toe to knuckle bearings
Looks...good...already seeing a pattern here to start with suspension...However, I have one modification to take care of first (thanks to you)...installing my 14 GT throttle body on the car. Just waiting to get it back from the machine shop (hopefully tomorrow).

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Looks...good...already seeing a pattern here to start with suspension...However, I have one modification to take care of first (thanks to you)...installing my 14 GT throttle body on the car. Just waiting to get it back from the machine shop (hopefully tomorrow).
Cool deal sounds like a plan. :cheers:

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Definitely at least subframe bushings. I did lowering springs and the bushings at once and it felt like a different car after.

I added power first and it was useless because I couldn't even put it down.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Glad I found this thread. I just picked up a 15 V6 coupe and am trying to find a couple really good bang for the buck mods to start with. Looking into the BMR CB005 kit now :)

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ok...after examining the price points of some of these modifications, I might be able to get the best of both worlds. What would really be great is if I can meetup with someone in the area (Sacramento, CA) who has a jack and jack stands and we could install these parts together.

Edit: Just bought the BMR Cradle lockout kit.

Last edited: