Sponsored

Opinions on this 15 gt...?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
So I finally found a used 15 gt premium performance pack. It's got 14 miles and recarros as well as an aftermarket bmc hood. (Roughly $1400 new shipped plus paint according to my research) The rest is stock.

The issues:
Most bothering me is the recarros. One of my favorite things about premium trim is the power heat and cool seats. The recarros are nice but considering they're an "upgrade" it would be nice to not lose the features.
1 accident, kid apparently slid into a divider in the rain. Not sure the extent of the damage but it seemed fixed over a year ago. There's curb rash like crazy on 2 rims but hey that's just cosmetics right. I can either have a buddy blast and powder coat them or just replace them years later. Paint chips here and there and one area that clearly has touch up paint on it. Micro scratches and swirls throughout, but I believe I can fix them myself.

Car is listed online at 31,500 or so depending on what website you go to and is original msrp at 41,300. The deal structure we set up was 30k sale price, 22,500 for my ecoboost trade (which has a loan of 21,700 remaining). Trade price isn't final as I didn't actually have it with me because it's getting an engine. 5.99% interest although I will most likely qualify for much better when I submit a credit report. Not sure where it's going to go from here but what do you guys think about the sale price and trade value. The manager told me it was "a starting point, until we had the trade"

Pics.

image.jpg
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The issues:

1 accident, kid apparently slid into a divider in the rain. Not sure the extent of the damage but it seemed fixed over a year ago.
I wouldn't touch the car without knowing the damage that was repaired.

'It looks OK' wouldn't cut it for me. I'd want detail on what was replaced and by whom.

'Slid into a divider' sounds like more than a fender bender.

If it was me, I'd hold out for a car with a clean history report. There are enough new model Mustangs out there to find a good one in a relatively short period of time. My advice, pass on this one and keep looking.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I agree with Tim. Also, aftermarket parts don't add anything to the value of the car. The dealer certainly didn't give the previous owner more money for having that hood so you shouldn't either.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
+1 on seeing exactly what was replaced and by what shop. Who knows what they sanded down and repainted/blended. I've had a shitty paint job before and had to get the hatch on my old car repainted 3 times due to flaking.

If it were me I'd just wait up and find another non-accident one with the premium seats and just pay the extra 1-2 grand more for a much cleaner vehicle. I actually was interested in the recaros until I sat in the premium seats and immediately knew I didn't want the recaros- it's weird but I feel they hug even better and also the heating/cooling is so nice.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I wouldn't touch the car without knowing the damage that was repaired.

'It looks OK' wouldn't cut it for me. I'd want detail on what was replaced and by whom.

'Slid into a divider' sounds like more than a fender bender.

If it was me, I'd hold out for a car with a clean history report. There are enough new model Mustangs out there to find a good one in a relatively short period of time. My advice, pass on this one and keep looking.

I'll see if I can get the details on it from the previous owner.

I agree with Tim. Also, aftermarket parts don't add anything to the value of the car. The dealer certainly didn't give the previous owner more money for having that hood so you shouldn't either.
I was just putting it out there. I would more than likely sell the hood and buy a stock one. I have no intention of paying for it at a dealer lol.

+1 on seeing exactly what was replaced and by what shop. Who knows what they sanded down and repainted/blended. I've had a shitty paint job before and had to get the hatch on my old car repainted 3 times due to flaking.

If it were me I'd just wait up and find another non-accident one with the premium seats and just pay the extra 1-2 grand more for a much cleaner vehicle. I actually was interested in the recaros until I sat in the premium seats and immediately knew I didn't want the recaros- it's weird but I feel they hug even better and also the heating/cooling is so nice.
Yeah you're right. I'm going to try to get the previous owners info and talk to him for details. I found the recarros to be nice and they hug really well. The premium trim has a different set of recarros compared to the base.

I spent a couple hours and searched every dealer in the state and I only found 2 premium performance gts that were not convertible. This was one and the other was orange which personally I don't want. Hard to find

Wondering if the pros outweigh the cons and more interested in what you guys think of the price. Should one like this be going for a good amount less?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Note it has non-OEM tire(s). Probably some lousy cheapest shit. Tell them to know $1k off the price for that.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
They want 31k for a 2015 thats been in a serious accident and has pretty significant cosmetic issues..... KBB trade in is $26k with those options and thats not factoring in the accident which I can promise the dealer took another $1-2k off the trade value once that was disclosed/discovered. Unless the dealer performed the accident repairs they probably only have $24-$25k in the car. I'd look elsewhere especially if you dont want the recaros....or they need to give a way better price than $31.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
1 tire has a massive gash in it, i cant believe they are selling a car with a tire like that... and ive ran some sketchy tires before. i absolutely would not buy it. put all of the pieces together...unknown accident, paint is chipped, wheels are beat, tires are done, whoever owned that car beat on it. hard.
plus its a 15 with 14k? thats not even close to new, and it doesnt have the seats you want. thats a lot of money for a car with more than a handful of undesirable issues. for reference, i bought my 16 base gt for under 30 with under 3% apr, and had i waited 3 months i could have got it for 0%. id sell the eco, get a loan through a credit union, and buy one private party. maybe widen your search to just a premium, forget the pp, and build the car with better suspension upgrades

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
1 tire has a massive gash in it, i cant believe they are selling a car with a tire like that... and ive ran some sketchy tires before. i absolutely would not buy it. put all of the pieces together...unknown accident, paint is chipped, wheels are beat, tires are done, whoever owned that car beat on it. hard.
plus its a 15 with 14k? thats not even close to new, and it doesnt have the seats you want. thats a lot of money for a car with more than a handful of undesirable issues. for reference, i bought my 16 base gt for under 30 with under 3% apr, and had i waited 3 months i could have got it for 0%. id sell the eco, get a loan through a credit union, and buy one private party. maybe widen your search to just a premium, forget the pp, and build the car with better suspension upgrades
You're right. I should be able to get around 3% through a union. I don't know how to actually sell my car with a loan on it I don't have the title; ford does. I would prefer a pp tbh. Really like the value it brings, especially gearing and Torsen limited slip. (Plus everything else)

Thanks everyone for the input. Definitely reconsidering now.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
bottom line is you already have issues with it and that isn't going to change once you sign papers and frankly you're just making a shitty deal and don't have a clue what you're doing.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'll see if I can get the details on it from the previous owner.

I was just putting it out there. I would more than likely sell the hood and buy a stock one. I have no intention of paying for it at a dealer lol.

I spent a couple hours and searched every dealer in the state and I only found 2 premium performance gts that were not convertible. This was one and the other was orange which personally I don't want. Hard to find

Wondering if the pros outweigh the cons and more interested in what you guys think of the price. Should one like this be going for a good amount less?
They are out there, expand your search and find the right car. I drove over 3 hours for my '15 and got exactly what I wanted.

That car is a 10 footer and beaten like a rented mule.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
bottom line is you already have issues with it and that isn't going to change once you sign papers and frankly you're just making a shitty deal and don't have a clue what you're doing.
I dont think i would say no clue. I worked at ford for about a year when these first came out. The numbers i'm very familiar with are the prices on NEW cars not used. so this is different for me but again i wouldnt say no clue. This car has potential and can definitely be something great for someone, but after reconsidering its definitely not for me..

They are out there, expand your search and find the right car. I drove over 3 hours for my '15 and got exactly what I wanted.

That car is a 10 footer and beaten like a rented mule.
yeah absolutely. I'm going to have to do that. I'm gonna pass on this one unless they give me some crazy good deal on it.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
What tools do you guys use when searching for a used car? I went and searched through each ford dealerships website via google maps, and ive also searched through cars.com multiple times. anything more highly recommended?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I use autotrader and cars.com.
Sponsored