Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
There's no covered parking anywhere around here and since they moved us out to this dusty suburb my commute is 25 miles. So I'm pretty much stuck.

Is backing your car in company policy? Or is it a Texass thang?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's more like everybody leaves at the same time thang.

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
It's company policy since we work at a chemical plant and in the event of an emergency there is an evacuation plan. Although slower to park it does speed up evacuation times. There's also evidence it decreases parking lot accidents.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
It's company policy since we work at a chemical plant and in the event of an emergency there is an evacuation plan. Although slower to park it does speed up evacuation times. There's also evidence it decreases parking lot accidents.
But more importantly, it looks cooler.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
We just got word there is a strong possibility of heavy hail here at our office and my Mustang is sitting out in the parking lot exposed to the elements.

I'd considered taking a sick day when the news said bad storms were coming through today but then I thought "stop being a ***** and go to work". Regretting that now, it's nasty outside.
I'd grab one of these and stand outside waiting.
t-brown.jpg

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
someone posted a "hail protector" in a previous post... i know someone who parks in one of these every day because he has only one spot in his garage and it's taken up by a classic jaguar (example only):

car-cover-bulle.jpg

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I never understood hail damage until I finally got so confused about insurance claims regarding hail that I ended up Googling what the big deal was. That stuff is no joke lol.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The best time to get a good deal on a new car is right after a big hail storm. The dealership will heavily discount if the car suffered any damage.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I only drive the pony once a week to work, but the prettiest days. It doesn't even see rain if I can help it. It is always garaged at home too. Don't need the stress. I'm in DFW and keep a close eye on the weather.

I was in Arkansas once years ago and got caught in a hail storm. It started out as pea sized so I took refuge under a dealership awning. Not long after that, it turned to golf ball size and I watched an entire lot of new cars get hammered. They all looked like someone had taken a ballpeen hammer to them.
I think people from other parts of the country underestimate the size of the hail we get and the frequency of hail storms. When I lived up north, we got hail but it was the exception, not the rule, and damaging hail was very rare. Down here, it seems like pretty much every spring storm delivers hail - it's just a coin toss as for which side of town gets nailed. :(

I've left work early a couple times to avoid hail, but now I have a second vehicle so I can leave the Mustang at home. There is a Mercedes dealership right next to my work and they move all their cars EVERY time we get a forecast for severe weather. And you know how frequent that is. They move them all into the building and under the overhangs - stack them in like Tetris. I noticed on Tuesday that they were building some pretty solid covers over most of the lot.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Don't forget Mustangs use aluminum for the hood and trunk.

I wondered if getting a big piece of foam rubber sheet the size of the top of the car, and putting it under a car cover, would be effective.

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I think people from other parts of the country underestimate the size of the hail we get and the frequency of hail storms. When I lived up north, we got hail but it was the exception, not the rule, and damaging hail was very rare. Down here, it seems like pretty much every spring storm delivers hail - it's just a coin toss as for which side of town gets nailed. :(

I've left work early a couple times to avoid hail, but now I have a second vehicle so I can leave the Mustang at home. There is a Mercedes dealership right next to my work and they move all their cars EVERY time we get a forecast for severe weather. And you know how frequent that is. They move them all into the building and under the overhangs - stack them in like Tetris. I noticed on Tuesday that they were building some pretty solid covers over most of the lot.
I noticed the Audi dealer down the street from me has special covers.

I have a Jeep Wrangler but I'm as worried about that getting hail damage as the Mustang. I should probably give up this job and get something with covered parking. If my dad were alive he would kick my ass for prioritizing a job based on parking options LOL

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Being from Minnesota, I hate what the salt and gravel put on the roads in the winter does to cars. I loved seeing non-rusted classic cars being driven in the South. Until I saw a two week old new car that looked like it had been attacked by a crowd with ball-peen hammers. Yep...the owner didn't even make it to a month before his first hail storm.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Where in the hail do you live?

Sorry, couldn't help it.