Sponsored

Torn between 2017 GT Premium, 2018 GT Premium, 2017 Focus RS

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
If you are considering a RS, I'd really look at the Golf R.
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I don't think I would ever buy a car that I couldn't drive first. I hate dealers like that. Once you drive them both you will know which one you like more. As for the 18, if you could live with that face it'll be a better naturally aspirated car but the price difference could fund a few mods for the 17.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Don't do the Focus, They have absolutely terrible ride quality and I wouldn't call the ECO motor the most reliable engine. Go with the 2018 mustang

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I have a 2017, it just came in last week. Once I saw the 18 the placed the order.

I currently have a 2013 ST2 that I traded in on the new car, and while it's not the RS it's the same platform. I can say it's a fun car to drive. If you want a point and go car the focus is it. I can only assume the RS is even more fun.

The mustang handles very well, but not focus good. I will miss the precision feel.

With that said, I know I'll be happier with the "big boy"car LOL

As for waiting for that 2018... There ALWAYS something "better" in the pipeline.

Check out that focus and get what you like

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
So I'm guessing your budget is around $40-45k, if it were me I'd pick up a slightly used C7. It's faster, gets better gas mileage than either option and is a true no compromise sports car. If not, then either the 17' or 18' Mustang.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So I'm guessing your budget is around $40-45k, if it were me I'd pick up a slightly used C7. It's faster, gets better gas mileage than either option and is a true no compromise sports car. If not, then either the 17' or 18' Mustang.
I can't fit in a C7. My buddy has a Stingray and I couldn't even go for a ride in it because of the legroom. I need the back seats of a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger in order to move the seat.

Anyway, I ended my fight with myself today. I just put in an order for the following:

2017 Mustang GT
Grabber Blue
Enhanced Security Pack
Performance Pack
401A
Premier Trim Ebony with Gray Stitching
Nav

MSRP is $44470. Sales manager and salesperson already said it will be under invoice then whatever rebates are available at that time which is what I went in with in my head already. I'm pretty excited. Have a feeling that the 2018 Mustang GT will take me out of the range I want to be in and honestly, I do like the front end on the 15-17 model and the fact that this Coyote will be easier to boost down the road. Higher compression means lower boost. The 2018 Mustang is going to be an absolute beast though and good luck to any of the future owners of it. I definitely want to watch how it progresses and what people do.

Besides, I'm happy to remain in the V8 crowd and on this forum. I have never driven a Focus and just find it very hard to fathom $41,600 for that one which was UNDER msrp. The seats were also something in question for someone as tall as me. I'm not very wide so they'd hug me okay, but I know I'm comfortable in a Mustang. It's hard to get over the fact that a Focus costs that much. I can justify it in a Mustang though.

:cheers:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
So I'm in a position to grab a sports car again finally. I've got a few options to pick between ...

:shrug:
Aside from concerns regarding your 6'6" height in a Focus, I'd say it comes down to this:

• Need AWD? RS
  • Want fastest in a straight line? 17GT/18GT
Seeing the 18 GT is supposed to be getting a power bump, I'd say don't decide until they reveal how much.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Have you not seen grabber blue in person . If you have this isn't
A conversation lol

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
I don't have a Mustang now.

I'm waiting to order an '18 as soon as the order banks open. (too many improvements to ignore)
Patience is a virtue.
^^^This Test drove a bunch of cars, gt350 was my favorite, but once the 2018 upgrades/options were announced my decision was sealed.

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I can't fit in a C7. My buddy has a Stingray and I couldn't even go for a ride in it because of the legroom. I need the back seats of a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger in order to move the seat.

Anyway, I ended my fight with myself today. I just put in an order for the following:

2017 Mustang GT
Grabber Blue
Enhanced Security Pack
Performance Pack
401A
Premier Trim Ebony with Gray Stitching
Nav

MSRP is $44470. Sales manager and salesperson already said it will be under invoice then whatever rebates are available at that time which is what I went in with in my head already. I'm pretty excited. Have a feeling that the 2018 Mustang GT will take me out of the range I want to be in and honestly, I do like the front end on the 15-17 model and the fact that this Coyote will be easier to boost down the road. Higher compression means lower boost. The 2018 Mustang is going to be an absolute beast though and good luck to any of the future owners of it. I definitely want to watch how it progresses and what people do.

Besides, I'm happy to remain in the V8 crowd and on this forum. I have never driven a Focus and just find it very hard to fathom $41,600 for that one which was UNDER msrp. The seats were also something in question for someone as tall as me. I'm not very wide so they'd hug me okay, but I know I'm comfortable in a Mustang. It's hard to get over the fact that a Focus costs that much. I can justify it in a Mustang though.

:cheers:
Congrats! Good choice. I would have picked that out of the 3 as well.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
18 isn't going to be anything to crazy 17 is a smart choice and gb ftw

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
18 isn't going to be anything to crazy 17 is a smart choice and gb ftw
Curious why you are going from a '15 to a '17?