mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I just picked up a 2016 Mustang V6 convertible yesterday. Ruby Red with black interior. This is my 3rd Mustang over the years. The first was a 1976 Cobra II. Honestly the worst car I have ever owned.
The second was way better. That was a 2007 Shelby GT. I sold that a couple of years ago. The new car is my and my wife's 40th wedding anniversary / retirement present to ourselves. I look forward to reading all the helpful tips and insights here on the forum.
Congrats on forty years! Hope you enjoy the car together!
Sponsored

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey Everyone,

Just got into my first Mustang last week. I've grown up loving them but somehow never ended up in one until now. I recently graduated college and started working for a Tier 1 automotive company. So this is my first big purchase for myself. It's a 2017 Mustang GT- manual in grabber blue. So far I've tinted the windows and threw on some wider wheels and tires. I purposely didn't get the PP or the Premium trim for reasons that will become obvious as the build continues.

Tried to upload a pic of the day I picked up the car but after several failed attempts I just got the post-tint and post-wheels and tires pics up.
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Hi all, I became a Mustang owner this past Thursday.

I made the mistake of getting an EcoBoost convertible as a rental and really enjoyed it. So did my wife who has always wanted a convertible. Started looking into cost, options, etc. thinking the EcoBoost would be a nice upgrade from my Kia Optima SX Turbo without giving up too much in the way of MPG since it would handle my 90 mile round trip commute.

Started looking around and wasn't really finding one with the options I wanted BUT, Bickford Ford in Snohomish had a pretty good deal on a GT for only a grand over what MSRP on what an equally equipped EB would be.

I love a bargain and if I am gonna buy a Mustang, might as well go big. Will probably regret it if gas prices get over $3 a gallon again, but then I will remember that it isn't any worse than when I was commuting in my 2006 Jeep Liberty that never did better than 18.5mpg commuting instead of the Optima that got 28...

Here are the particulars...

2017 GT Convertible Premium 5.0L
Equipment Group 401A
6 Speed Auto
20" Foundry black wheels
Rear Sensing System
P265/35R20 Summer tires
3.55 rear end
Adaptive Cruise control
Navigation system

I love the Dark Saddle seat panels and the Magnetic Metallic is my wife's favorite color. Pictures don't really capture how she sparkles in the sun. Just a quick cell phone pics stopping for lunch after taking delivery...

34152237862_615178afbd_c.jpg
Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr
Welcome to the convertible club!

My current baby is the fifth Mustang convertible I've owned since 1968. You and your wife will love it.

RJ

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Hi all, new member to the forum here. Picked up my 2015 CO GT w/ PP about a month ago now and love it. Traded in my 2003 AB Mach 1 that I had for 12yrs in on this car now, and couldn't be happier. First thing I had to do to it was add the stripes!
20170424_121423.jpg

macek25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2017
Hi there just registeTed.
So my name is Peter and I'm from Poland.
My new 2017 gt just arrive.
So for now hard to chose what to drive car o my motorbike Ducati sport classic

Sponsored

macek25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2017
Hi there just registeTed.
So my name is Peter and I'm from Poland.
My new 2017 gt just arrive.
So for now hard to chose what to drive car o my motorbike Ducati sport classic
20170422_205812_Richtone(HDR)-1305x979.jpg
20170501_113823-1201x1060.jpg

mspenc45

mspenc45
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's a bummer dude, it kinda makes me feel a little better that it's not just me, but yea I suppose we can't have it all. A fast car that looks amazing is probably going to be a little less reliable. I expect my dealer will be good as well, hopefully, I really just want to drive the car.
Hi all, I became a Mustang owner this past Thursday.

I made the mistake of getting an EcoBoost convertible as a rental and really enjoyed it. So did my wife who has always wanted a convertible. Started looking into cost, options, etc. thinking the EcoBoost would be a nice upgrade from my Kia Optima SX Turbo without giving up too much in the way of MPG since it would handle my 90 mile round trip commute.

Started looking around and wasn't really finding one with the options I wanted BUT, Bickford Ford in Snohomish had a pretty good deal on a GT for only a grand over what MSRP on what an equally equipped EB would be.

I love a bargain and if I am gonna buy a Mustang, might as well go big. Will probably regret it if gas prices get over $3 a gallon again, but then I will remember that it isn't any worse than when I was commuting in my 2006 Jeep Liberty that never did better than 18.5mpg commuting instead of the Optima that got 28...

Here are the particulars...

2017 GT Convertible Premium 5.0L
Equipment Group 401A
6 Speed Auto
20" Foundry black wheels
Rear Sensing System
P265/35R20 Summer tires
3.55 rear end
Adaptive Cruise control
Navigation system

I love the Dark Saddle seat panels and the Magnetic Metallic is my wife's favorite color. Pictures don't really capture how she sparkles in the sun. Just a quick cell phone pics stopping for lunch after taking delivery...

34152237862_615178afbd_c.jpg
Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr
Man, beautiful car! We bought the GT350 a couple week ago now, but need a daily driver to replace the the TLX we traded in for her. I like the GT350 so much, maybe a second stang is in the cards. Never thought of a convertible, but love your photos. Is there much difference in mileage between the EB and the 5.0?

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
Hey All,

My story actually sounds a lot like bcmcc13 up there. I'm a relatively young kid who recently got a job in Tier 1 automotive, and bought a '17 Base 5.0 in Grabber Blue with a 6 speed. I bought it last Monday, and by Thursday had already thrown an MBRP street cat-back on (I can't believe the amazing sound for the price point even now, a whole 4 days later). I'm getting tints put on this weekend (all the good local shops are booked up like crazy, that time of year I guess). In the coming weeks/couple months I plan to do: a CAI, Bama tune, long tubes, gt350/gt350r steering wheel, raxiom touchscreen upgrade, and at some point before I store the car for winter new tires and wheels (the fact that Ford puts 235 rubbers on the base 5.0's, which is the same as my pop's Fusion is appalling). Yes, I will be storing for winter, this is my first sport oriented car, I'm absolutely in love with it and would never put it through a Michigan winter. My winter daily is going to be my '10 MB C300 4matic. I'm European, so Papa Smurf is my first domestic car, and I couldn't be more impressed.

Enough yapping, picture time! Including one with my future Brother-in-law's 400 whp Ecoboost.
IMG_0917 2.jpg
IMG_0900 2.jpg
IMG_0891.JPG

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Hey All,

My story actually sounds a lot like bcmcc13 up there. I'm a relatively young kid who recently got a job in Tier 1 automotive, and bought a '17 Base 5.0 in Grabber Blue with a 6 speed. I bought it last Monday, and by Thursday had already thrown an MBRP street cat-back on (I can't believe the amazing sound for the price point even now, a whole 4 days later). I'm getting tints put on this weekend (all the good local shops are booked up like crazy, that time of year I guess). In the coming weeks/couple months I plan to do: a CAI, Bama tune, long tubes, gt350/gt350r steering wheel, raxiom touchscreen upgrade, and at some point before I store the car for winter new tires and wheels (the fact that Ford puts 235 rubbers on the base 5.0's, which is the same as my pop's Fusion is appalling). Yes, I will be storing for winter, this is my first sport oriented car, I'm absolutely in love with it and would never put it through a Michigan winter. My winter daily is going to be my '10 MB C300 4matic. I'm European, so Papa Smurf is my first domestic car, and I couldn't be more impressed.

Enough yapping, picture time! Including one with my future Brother-in-law's 400 whp Ecoboost.
I was just up in Detroit, if you don't mind me asking what T1 do you work for?

Sponsored

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
I was just up in Detroit, if you don't mind me asking what T1 do you work for?
I work for Hutchinson Anti-Vibration and Noise Reduction Systems. We actually make a good number of parts for the S550. Who do you work for?

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I work for Hutchinson Anti-Vibration and Noise Reduction Systems. We actually make a good number of parts for the S550. Who do you work for?
Mmmm can't say I've heard of them. I work for Plastic Omnium at their Chattanooga offices, so far we only serve VW here but make parts for almost every automaker.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
Mmmm can't say I've heard of them. I work for Plastic Omnium at their Chattanooga offices, so far we only serve VW here but make parts for almost every automaker.
Ahh, Omnium is French, just like Hutchinson. We're ultimately owned by the oil giant Total. Nice part of the country you're in down there, I've gotta make it down to TN/NC to take on the Tail of the Dragon sometime this summer!

GTDRPTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible Premium
Man, beautiful car! We bought the GT350 a couple week ago now, but need a daily driver to replace the the TLX we traded in for her. I like the GT350 so much, maybe a second stang is in the cards. Never thought of a convertible, but love your photos. Is there much difference in mileage between the EB and the 5.0?

So about the mileage....

I traded in my 2015 Kia Optima SX 2L Turbo that avg 28mpg
The EB rental was giving me 25mpg
Just finished my first full tank in the GT, filling it up this morning on the way home 19.2mpg

Looks like the motorcycle might be back in the commute lineup (94 miles RT)

But it is a fun 19.2mpg :D

Bcmcc13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ahh, Omnium is French, just like Hutchinson. We're ultimately owned by the oil giant Total. Nice part of the country you're in down there, I've gotta make it down to TN/NC to take on the Tail of the Dragon sometime this summer!
Yeah the Corsa Rally just went through there a month or so ago. Great trip!
Sponsored