Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Raise the idle to 700 RPM and see if it continues.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
This can also be related to the A/C. When it is on full blast/ heavy load sometimes the idle can dip. Try it with A/C off and see if it persists.

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I've noticed mine is doing it more often while warming up, but it goes away at temperature. I would pull the plugs and check them, but, after looking at the passenger side, I'm not interested in removing the intake manifold.

Last edited:

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Yeah, it's really a minor issue for most if all. So much more bigger to worry about. Lets not make too much about this for now. I think the only issue people need to be concerned about is driveline vibration, and I think most will not have that problem. My only recommendation is drive it thoroughly before buying. Don't buy sight unseen like I did cause it's a new car. I still like my car, I think about it and there was nothing else I liked for the price. Even the Camaro is more $$$.

Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
There does seem to be problems with the stock TB, mine actually failed after 5000 miles, and if I remember right I had this similar problem with idle jumping a little any were from 50 to 100 rpm on a cold start, it does it a little still after replacing it with a BBK TB but so insignificant I'm notrying to worried. Its only noticeable when I plug my tuner in to read the rpm in digital form and I'm no mechanic but my opinion is its never gonna sit at 650 flat while idle, especially from a cold start.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I get the same vibration when stopped and idling. Gives the car a good bounce every now and then. I've been told by friends it's not a big deal.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Shakes cause MERICA

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shakes cause MERICA
You know what, I went back to my car, turned it on, and he's right, it's cause of MERICA! I CHECKED!!!

15Black3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 3.7
Mine does it as well. It's done it since I got it

Sponsored
OP
OP

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I raised the iddle rpm to 700 with my tuner, and it is pretty much gone!

I always thought it had to do something with that, as it would get shakier when the rpm would go lower by a bit while stopped...and when I raised it by a bit, boom, gone!

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mine does this too . the vacuum gauge fluctuate while the car shake between 18 ingh to 20 inhg. Does your vacuum gauge read a steady 20 inhg while idling without a/c ?
From a cold start it takes a minute or 2 for it to hit 20 at idle. Its usually doesnt fluctuate more than 19.8 - 20 at idle without a/c. When the a/c is on it will randomly drop by like 2 relative to the normal decrease/increase while driving. I hope thats normal lol.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I checked to see mine and it wasn't jumping. It was steady at 750rpm when I was idling at a red light using D. But I did noticed my vaccum at idle was at 17 +/-.2. Mine is stock except for a k&n drop-in air filter and stock gt exhaust.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've noticed mine doing this in the last few days on a cold start with the AC maxed. I've got 15k on it now, never did it before.

My old Merc 240D would do this all the time, it had issues with the vacuum system, sometimes it would completely cut out.

yamilselman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hello guys,

I have a 2016 Mustang v6 and has the same issue a random kick when the car is idle or standing at an stoplight. I was curious about this and I plugged a code-scanner to the car and what I found out was a "dtc freeze frame code p0306", that means a misfire on cylinder 6. I have not had any check engine light since I bought the car 6 months ago, so I asume that this is happening not too often enough to trigger a check engine light.

My question is Any of you have connected a scanner to see if you have had a misfire on any cylinder even if you never had a check engine light? maybe indeed there is an issue with all the 3.7 engines.

Shakes cause MERICA
What do you mean with MERICA ?
Sponsored