Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Geez, I've only been a member here for 3 days, and I'm already tired of all the ADM posts interrupting other threads. So, as my first official act, I'm going to suggest that anyone who wants to comment on ADM do it here.

As for me, I've locked up one of the dealer's 2 allotted GT350s at MSRP - with no ADM or out-of-the-ordinary fees. The deposit is paid, I have it in writing and I'm happy. The dealer is happy, too, because this is the 6th Ford I've purchased from him - and he knows I'll be out there at cruise nights, car shows and possibly track events telling everyone about the car and the great deal I got. And then those folks will go to the dealer and buy an Explorer, Fusion or something else.

Putting this deal together took one short phone call and maybe 5 minutes in the salesperson's office. I've never paid ADM, and I never will.
First off, welcome to M6G and sorry about your experience.

I just have to say this. THANK YOU! For creating this thread. I was debating about starting one here in the GT350 forum. The number of times ADM was brought up is WAY TOO MUCH. I say "is" instead of "was" because I know that it will be brought up once again in another thread. It will not be long until it will somehow trickle into the off topic lounge. "That video on biomedical chemistry was cool, wish it did not have an ADM." I am backing SVTFreak 100% on this. It is a free market and distributors are free to mark up the price. If Ikea wanted to impose a $600 markup on a $500 chair, so be it. It is the way how the market works in order to make a profit. If your only concern is ADM on a specific car that you want to buy and you are going to keep talking about it, then either find a dealer who will sell at MSRP, wait a few years and buy a used one or go buy an S197 or an SN95 SVT vehicle. Ford is hyping everyone up for this car, especially with it being the evolution of the Mustang and everyone is excited to buy this car no matter the price and will not let a few individuals ruin the fun.

Actually, that's not true. I got a phone call offering me my le at msrp on April 21st last year (I had already talked to them about a yellow 401a). I since have gotten a call offering me a gt350 at msrp, which I turned down (not what I want in a car although I'll pee myself a little every time I see one). I was offered a 13 gt500 at msrp when they debuted (another phone call made to me).

But, like I said, I am a very well known customer. I went creeping their sister dealership to peep a yellow vert and one of the salesman saw me there (he was picking up another car to transfer). His comment wasn't "oh shopping around huh" it was "so when you want me to get this one transferred for ya". They have no doubt where I'll go buy my next car. And as long as they treat me right, I'll go without even shopping around. I know what they'll charge me versus x plan (x or better, I work for a ford supplier) and they know not to even bother with the add on stuff. They know I'll finance with them (that's money in their pocket also) as long as the rate is reasonable (always excellent actually, better than my credit union).

Like I've said, being a very good customer has its rewards. I may take them up on the gt500 replacement when the time comes lol
+1 gotta build those connections!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Of course nobody likes to pay ADMs, but you can't blame the dealer for trying. How many Mustangs and Fusions get let go for under invoice. Its supply and demand, if the dealer can sell to some customer who doesn't mind paying the ADM thats between the dealer and the customer. I for one won't pay ADM, so until the market cools and the inventory starts to catch up with demand I won't be buying. I don't blame the dealer though for trying to make a buck.

Yes they are making money even at MSRP, but once again its the free market system.

I know opinions will vary on this, so don't take this personally and don't attack people who feel different. As one of the posters said, I feel there will be plenty for everyone who wants one.

You don't have to buy in your market. I am also shopping for a Porsche 911S as well. The best discount I can get in LA is around 3-5% off of MSRP. The difference between invoice and MSRP on the build I would like is $10k. I shopped around and was offered 7% off of MSRP out of my market.

Dave

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Is there any horse left in this conversation or has its body decomposed and rotted away by now? SMFH

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Is there any horse left in this conversation or has its body decomposed and rotted away by now? SMFH
I scratched my head first reading this and then I visualized and burst into laughter.[emoji2]

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6

It was two days old. Might have died away had you not bumped it. [emoji16]

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Good for the dealer! I will not be paying adm.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Just shop around to avoid paying anymore than you want to. I've done it with my Mustang's (and other cars - numerous Mopar products) in the past.

My "loyal" dealership (I worked two jobs there back in the day to pay for school) gave me $1,000 less for my trade and $1,000 more for the new car...as in $2,000K difference from them and the new dealership. This was back in 2013 when I bought my GT/CS. My loyal dealership was also just recently bought out by some fancy-pants type of DB's. Guess where I went to buy my car?

The bottom line: If a dealer wants to charge $1,000 - $100,000K over MSRP...they can. Some moron will pay. Just don't be that moron.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Actually, that's not true. I got a phone call offering me my le at msrp on April 21st last year (I had already talked to them about a yellow 401a). I since have gotten a call offering me a gt350 at msrp, which I turned down (not what I want in a car although I'll pee myself a little every time I see one). I was offered a 13 gt500 at msrp when they debuted (another phone call made to me).

But, like I said, I am a very well known customer. I went creeping their sister dealership to peep a yellow vert and one of the salesman saw me there (he was picking up another car to transfer). His comment wasn't "oh shopping around huh" it was "so when you want me to get this one transferred for ya". They have no doubt where I'll go buy my next car. And as long as they treat me right, I'll go without even shopping around. I know what they'll charge me versus x plan (x or better, I work for a ford supplier) and they know not to even bother with the add on stuff. They know I'll finance with them (that's money in their pocket also) as long as the rate is reasonable (always excellent actually, better than my credit union).

Like I've said, being a very good customer has its rewards. I may take them up on the gt500 replacement when the time comes lol
Actucally it is true, and your comment confirmed it....give me a break...oh and I call BULLSH!T to your..oh "I got a call..and they offered me a GT350 at MSRP...BUT I TURNED IT DOWN" :crazy:....RIGHT....lol lol lol:lol::lol::thumbsup:

P.S. This site is for those that want a GT350...if you do not want a GT350 then what the hell are you trolling around here with your crap for? Go get on the LE 50 thread...Please

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actucally it is true, and your comment confirmed it....give me a break...oh and I call BULLSH!T to your..oh "I got a call..and they offered me a GT350 at MSRP...BUT I TURNED IT DOWN" :crazy:....RIGHT....lol lol lol:lol::lol::thumbsup:

P.S. This site is for those that want a GT350...if you do not want a GT350 then what the hell are you trolling around here with your crap for? Go get on the LE 50 thread...Please

This site is for 6gen mustangs. This sub forum is for gt350 but this thread is about adm. Since I have an le, which was and is plagued by adm 's, then I might have some experience.

Call BS all you want. Maybe I should buy it at msrp and resell it to you at a profit for me. Then a dealer won't get a profit. Is that better for you? I don't want one. If I did, I could have it. At msrp. Jealousy is not becoming.

Burningcoals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 401a
So is this the I got a GT350 at MSRP brag thread? Some of us live in states where people are willing to pay insane ADM.

Heck, the dealers in my area still want 5-7K ADM on a base C7...

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Gonna be some real douchey guys riding around in GT350's next year.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is this the I got a GT350 at MSRP brag thread? Some of us live in states where people are willing to pay insane ADM.

Heck, the dealers in my area still want 5-7K ADM on a base C7...

No. But some people refuse to believe that it's possible. That the world doesn't revolve around places like so cal.

Gonna be some real douchey guys riding around in GT350's next year.

Hah. Only for a few months until the next latest and greatest come out and they move on.