Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic Job Phil! I recently purchased a 2016 DIB here in the states..it's in storage for the winter, but cannot wait to start modding in the spring. I wanted to ask you how you like the Ceramic Pro coating? I am debating between several different paint protections--modesta, ceramic pro, and cquartz. How has it held up for you?
Sponsored

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fantastic Job Phil! I recently purchased a 2016 DIB here in the states..it's in storage for the winter, but cannot wait to start modding in the spring. I wanted to ask you how you like the Ceramic Pro coating? I am debating between several different paint protections--modesta, ceramic pro, and cquartz. How has it held up for you?
Thanks mate, yeah i love my ceramic pro coating, makes washing the car an absolute breeze! I've used it a few times and highly recommend it

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks mate, yeah i love my ceramic pro coating, makes washing the car an absolute breeze! I've used it a few times and highly recommend it
Thanks!:thumbsup::headbonk:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I had a good laugh when you posted the engine bay photo. I stared at the right back corner (where my Master Cylinder is at) and tried to figure out the covers. I glanced to the left, saw the master of there, went WTF and was thoroughly confused for five minutes.

Then I realized it's RHD! Haha. Love the car man

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a good laugh when you posted the engine bay photo. I stared at the right back corner (where my Master Cylinder is at) and tried to figure out the covers. I glanced to the left, saw the master of there, went WTF and was thoroughly confused for five minutes.

Then I realized it's RHD! Haha. Love the car man
hahaha yeah it would be confusing! thanks mate!

Sponsored

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
27/1/17

Headed down to BTA Motorsports today to finally get the Steeda Tri Ax Race Shifter installed. Took about 3-4hrs as there is a bit to it. Getting the reverse collar right at the end took a bit of fiddling but we got there.

As for performance, my god it's so good! The throw is much much shorter, it sits a little lower too. I'm still getting used to it so my shifts aren't the greatest but I can tell it likes being shifted hard and fast (don't we all lol).
There is slightly more vibration coming through now as the rpms climb but I guess that's expected.

As you'll see I went a bit nuts with the dynamat and focal sound deadening but it was worth it.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Get some videos of that car on the dyno!

Beautiful 'stang man!

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
29/1/17

Continuing on with the weekend of mods. Met up with Joe at Hoontune (who is also the Aus distributor for nGAUGE) to load up new Harrop tune and also install the gauge. He will be tuning the Mustangs really soon, definitely hit him up.
Install wasn't too bad but pulling all the pieces off sounded horrible and like things were snapping lol.

The nGAUGE is fantastic, it fits in the vent perfectly and is super customisable, one of the great ones is digital speedo - yew yew!

17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Phil took me for a ride in his stang and it is a rocket. Phil went out of his way to show me some of his mods and his ride is a serious bit of gear. I did take some pics on my iphone but they were all shit. I wish I had taken a video of Phil driving off though, lets just say it woke the dead? thanks mate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Phil took me for a ride in his stang and it is a rocket. Phil went out of his way to show me some of his mods and his ride is a serious bit of gear. I did take some pics on my iphone but they were all shit. I wish I had taken a video of Phil driving off though, lets just say it woke the dead? thanks mate.
Hahaha thanks mate, more than happy to catchup. It was great chatting with you. If you get to Sydney again be sure to let me know!

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
25th February 2017

Pretty epic weekend! Drove down to Adelaide from Sydney to see Jamie at Loudz on Friday. Dropped the car off Friday night and picked it up early Sunday morning. Massive shoutout to Jamie for being so accomodating with the late nights and even picking me up and dropping me back at my accomodation.

Even got a little subtle change made at the same time with the reflector.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
looks Great! goes really well with the Blue.. are you thinking about possibly doing the demon eyes?

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
looks Great! goes really well with the Blue.. are you thinking about possibly doing the demon eyes?
Thanks mate, nah I'm leaving it as it is now :-)

Mcgyver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Spd Manual
Hi Phil, Where did you get the TVS installed at Harrop or here in Sydney? What is the verdict? Did you do the oil pump gears and dampener at the same time? Do Harrop have a canned tune yet or did you get a full dyne tune done?
Sponsored

Last edited: