phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Guys

Thought I'd get back into the build thread making again. I picked up my DiB GT Manual on Friday after only waiting 8 months. As you will see in my signature I managed to grab someone's cancelled order which just happen to be the exact spec I had ordered - go Ford Australia.

Anyways here are some pics of it getting prepped and day pickup

28th April 2016
In Pre Delivery

29th April 2016
Delivery Day!!

The misses and me plus my mate who made it all happen

Straight from the dealership to my mates place to install the tail light sequencer

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]bRrQ4iE0GqY[/MEDIA]"]

30th April 2016
Off to another mate to hardwire the Dash Cam in, he snapped this pic as I left and I thought it looked rather nice

1st May 2016

Quick little garage mod to save the door

Back to another mates place to install the hood struts, I decided to cut the battery cover more so I can easily get to the battery in future without having to touch the struts

2nd May 2016

Installed the FPR Oil Catch Can, great piece of kit and looks factory

That's it for now, tint is booked in on Thursday and stripes on Saturday
Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Interested in your changes as I have a DIB and can't make up my mind on bits to change.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Welcome to the DIB club! :cheers: You chose wisely :thumbsup:

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, hahah funny you say that about the tail lights, I originally didn't like them and was going to wrap them red so they looked like the USA version. They have grown on me and once the car is on they illuminate red anyways so I might just leave them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
5/5/16 - Got my tint sorted today, went back and visited an old friend Malcolm at Castle Hill Prestige and Custom. Their work is of the highest standard. I went the 18% Carbon tint I've used on many of my cars.

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
8th May 2016 - Was pretty busy over the weekend

Stripes, lights and intake done!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Another beautiful Australian DIB. Looking forward to your mods!

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys, sorry been a little busy getting married and honeymooning but the mods have continued! While I was away I left the car with my good friends Elite Street Customs. They striped down the car and pull all the plastic bits off, sanded, High Filled and then painted them all in Obsidian Black which actually has a metallic in it too.

The results were perfect and the car looks finished now. I'm so glad I took the plunge and got all that boring black plastic painted, it pops now! Progress photo's and then some nicer shorts in the sun thanks to Turtle Photography.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, sorry been a little busy getting married and honeymooning but the mods have continued! While I was away I left the car with my good friends Elite Street Customs. They striped down the car and pull all the plastic bits off, sanded, High Filled and then painted them all in Obsidian Black which actually has a metallic in it too.

The results were perfect and the car looks finished now. I'm so glad I took the plunge and got all that boring black plastic painted, it pops now! Progress photo's and then some nicer shorts in the sun thanks to Turtle Photography.

All I can say is WOW! I have been trying to decide between RUby Red and DIB..you may have just made my decision for me!

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hhahah no worries mate although I hate to say it (well not really as now mine rarer) they have discontinued Deep Impact Blue so looks like RR is your only choice

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hhahah no worries mate although I hate to say it (well not really as now mine rarer) they have discontinued Deep Impact Blue so looks like RR is your only choice
True.. but I am actually on the fence as to whether I want to custom order a 2017 or look for a great deal on a 2016 as there are many new 2016's left on the lots at dealerships here in the states.. I was hoping to see some of the new 2017 colors (lightning blue/grabber blue) in person, but the dealerships in Wisconsin seem a bit slow in getting any new models in.... I may even wait until the end of the summer season here (as painful as that would be) and see if I can work a deal... if not I can always custom order a 2017 for spring. Regardless, I absolutely love what you've done with you DIB Mustang. I don't like the dull look of the plastic as well...I have seen guys on the forum replace the side rocker panels and other parts with tru fibre pieces, but I don't personally like the textured look..your idea was great.

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ahh yeah I didnt see you were in the states, so lucky to just have them laying around the place, there is a 1 year wait at least here in Australia. Yeah ive painted plastics before on my other cars and its always turned out great so i knew it would just complete it on the Mustang.

OP
OP
phil545

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I decided to get the exhaust situation sorted yesterday. After hearing a mates I decided on going with Liverpool Exhaust's own in house developed Hurricane Catback. It's amazingly deep (not too loud when you are high in the revs) and definitely no raspyness which is what I wanted. Around the 1,000-3500rpm is a really deep rumble which is where you spend most of your time. There is zero drone on the highway too, it's exactly what I wanted and for $1900 installed it's pretty well priced too, I went with 4" tips which fill the gap very nicely. Happy to meet anyone in Sydney so they can hear it in person.

Sponsored