Sponsored

Any 350 buyers getting a Focus RS?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
No but I would in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a hot hatchback, might try to convince the wife down the road - but she's more into luxury cars.

I did have a really nice white Fiesta ST pull up yesterday while driving my 911, loved the center dual exhaust and nice exhaust note - would make a great DD.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
No but I would in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a hot hatchback, might try to convince the wife down the road - but she's more into luxury cars.

I did have a really nice white Fiesta ST pull up yesterday while driving my 911, loved the center dual exhaust and nice exhaust note - would make a great DD.
What year is your 997?

Off topic... but on the horizon in a couple years will be the Porsche Mission E. Hmmm, Tesla competitor. ;)

Press Release: Green light for Porsche Mission E

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I have a RS on order. it's already been scheduled - likely production week on Jan 11 (says the guys who's GT350R was originally scheduled for product Aug 24 and was actually built on Nov 19, lol).
I did Nitrous Blue, RS2, nothing else. I like the upgraded wheels, but don't love them, and I like the stock wheels...and I'm looking at this as a daily driver / inclement weather car, so the PSS's were the better choice for me. For the $2k bump, I'll end up better off doing a second set of aftermarket wheels / tires of choice for auto-x, maybe a track day, etc.
I'm also considering selling my '15 Fusion Energi that I use as a daily. And my '12 Boss will go when the RS gets here.
I had to get an RS. As much as I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and road race fan, I'm also a total rally geek and have always wanted something 'RS.' I've done a fair amount of training in rally driving (a mod I'd consider for the RS is a hydro hand brake ;-) so I'm hoping that, down the road, some rallycross opps open up in norcal. There is some of it already in socal and the or / wa.

Plus I've got a couple teenagers whose friends are super into sti's (which I also like), so we'll get a chance to represent for Ford in our local hot hatch circles.
The RS will a crazy-good car for the twisty (and often wet) Santa Cruz mountain roads where I live...great mountain bike shuttle vehicle...gotta have some fun getting to and from the trails too!

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I have a RS on order. it's already been scheduled - likely production week on Jan 11 (says the guys who's GT350R was originally scheduled for product Aug 24 and was actually built on Nov 19, lol).
I did Nitrous Blue, RS2, nothing else. I like the upgraded wheels, but don't love them, and I like the stock wheels...and I'm looking at this as a daily driver / inclement weather car, so the PSS's were the better choice for me. For the $2k bump, I'll end up better off doing a second set of aftermarket wheels / tires of choice for auto-x, maybe a track day, etc.
I'm also considering selling my '15 Fusion Energi that I use as a daily. And my '12 Boss will go when the RS gets here.
I had to get an RS. As much as I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and road race fan, I'm also a total rally geek and have always wanted something 'RS.' I've done a fair amount of training in rally driving (a mod I'd consider for the RS is a hydro hand brake ;-) so I'm hoping that, down the road, some rallycross opps open up in norcal. There is some of it already in socal and the or / wa.
Damn dude if we aren't in the same boat... Do you have an F150 too?

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I had no idea they were scheduling them already. I assumed the first ones would hit here in April or so, which I guess, even if they start producing them in January, that's still totally believable since they have to slowly float across the ocean.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Not ordering. Great choice on the RS.... its an amazing car. Great choice on Stealth Gray. Would have liked stealth gray over AG on the GT350...but thats another topic.

Not so sure about selling the two Boss's. Ouch!

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not ordering. Great choice on the RS.... its an amazing car. Great choice on Stealth Gray. Would have liked stealth gray over AG on the GT350...but thats another topic.

Not so sure about selling the two Boss's. Ouch!
Well, I thought long n hard on the sell of the two bosses but I still have my 71 429CJ and the 16 R for fun. I'll be ok.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Well, I thought long n hard on the sell of the two bosses but I still have my 71 429CJ and the 16 R for fun. I'll be ok.
Regardless of your decision, you will be more than ok. You have a nice collection :)

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
What year is your 997?

It's a 2005 997S Launch Edition (PCCB, PSE, Adaptive seats, Alcantara, Full leather etc.) been daily driving it for almost 7 years, it's been great.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
My son, who took delivery of his '15 GT350R on 11/24, offered to get me an RS, but at the age of 72, with a body MUCH too wide for the seats and some stringent requirements attached to the deal, I passed.
So you and your son drive a 2015 GT350R?:shrug:

2015R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350R
No, son has the 2015 R. He offered to get me an RS, but I wasn't a player.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Damn, some of you are getting a GT350 AND a Focus RS?

Man it must be nice to have money.