Status
Not open for further replies.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Hey guys....

As i promised last week we have some exciting features debuting on our Race Spec shifters...

Check out our new COMPACT design. One of the only complaints we have ever gotten with our shifter is that it is time consuming to install and the dust boot is pure evil lol...Also the cost to have a shop install since they have to assemble the rear shifter body not only leaves room for errors or issues but also costs more...

So, I have listened and have spent the last 4 weeks working on tweaking the physical dimensions of the shifter body until i could achieve my goal of making a shifter body that could be slipped down into the top oval cutout fully assembled with the dust boot ON!!!!

Mechanically the shifter is the same great shifter , this just makes the decision to get one that much more appealing because the installation is now super easy.

check out the review on our Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/MGWshifters

George Ciamillo

COMPACT RACE SPECS will start shipping next week!!!
MGW MT-82 Compact Race-Spec Shifter 2 4web.jpg
MGW MT-82 Compact Race-Spec Shifter w knob 1 4web.jpg
MGW MT-82 Compact Race-Spec Shifter 1 4web.jpg
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Best shifter on the market!

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Does this change the whole install?

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Does this change the whole install?

It really knocks time off the install.... no messing with grease , springs or allen bolts to assemble the main shifter body. It's all done!!!

Also the fact that you can put the boot on OUTSIDE the car is the main motivation for this endeavor. I was getting death threats!!

[ame]

George

Last edited:

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
That sounds way easier! I did mine while installing a one-piece driveshaft and it was cake other than that dang shift boot.

Sponsored

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Will you be makin an install video of this?

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Will you be makin an install video of this?

The video in the article does show how to install. The removal of the OEM shifter will not change so you can reference that video first then refer to this new video.

I will also be doing a new full install at some point next month but this should get you guys going no problem. the install really is as simple as the video illustrate.

[ame]

George

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Damn. I haven't even taken the one I bought a couple weeks ago out of the box...

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Damn. I haven't even taken the one I bought a couple weeks ago out of the box...
Don't feel bad man I am in the same boat just bought mine about two weeks ago. The thing is made like a tank, I am not going to say anything as I will be doing my install when I put my clutch in my car.

Nice to see a company do what MGW is doing making a killer product and making it easier for the customer to install.

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG

You won't be disappointed!!! The mechanics have not changed. This design is just to make life easier on the install. Once you have it in you will be shifting just as perfectly!!!

:cheers:

Sponsored

RiseUpBears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is there a way to specify on your website when ordering that I want the newer compact design, or will it be on a separate product page next week?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Needs more O-rings.:D

Great job on the latest design George. You've raised the bar far higher than any ladder your competition could use to reach the same level. Didn't you know that the current Administration frowns on innovation monopolization?:rant:

And that transmission stand...:ninja: :headbang:

Keep up the good work.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
George you can update the install instructions on the previous design for the shift boot to install the shift boot while the top half is seperate (after you set the reverse lockout). Made it super easy

Im guessing this will replace the current design, not seeing why anyone would buy the previous design when this new one exists

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
George you can update the install instructions on the previous design for the shift boot to install the shift boot while the top half is seperate (after you set the reverse lockout). Made it super easy

Im guessing this will replace the current design, not seeing why anyone would buy the previous design when this new one exists

You are correct...this design replaces the current design so ANY orders placed online or on the phone WILL be the COMPACT version.

You did what i do on the boot when it fights me. not a big deal but this was a no brainer endeavor which also makes it far less probable for installation issues by third party installers.

George

OP
OP

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
and while we are at it...these are now ready for shipping as well..

our new weighted grippers!!! They just finish off the whole MGW shifting experience to the perfect level!!!

- CNC machined chrome plated steel base weighs over 1/2 pound!!

- Polymer/Rubber blend knob grip sphere doesnt get hot or cold in temp extremes and gives a VERY comfortable grippy feel.

- Triple chrome plated base and top emblem.

- gear shift pattern, pony, cobra logos , MGW logo coming really soon also!!!

Not on the site just yet but in stock and ready to ship.

Call sales for details and pricing 706-793-1770

George
12186418_516035881897816_2487707610001069338_o.jpg
12182500_516035278564543_1770997132995012218_o.jpg
12030471_516035918564479_6400943445539854682_o.jpg
IMG_0060-Edit.jpg
IMG_0064 check-Edit.jpg
4-Edit.jpg
1-Edit.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.