Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

I installed the K-Member brace today. The total install took all of 10 minutes. It was a super easy install. Steeda did a great job with this piece. I have installed similar braces on previous cars and had to fight with them to get bolted in. This one pretty much fell into place. Super happy.

I had planned to install the rear irs braces at the same time but decided to skip it. I came to a couple of realizations when I went to install them. First, my quick jacks were in the way of the front bolts. No big deal. I can probably just move them a little further forward and be able to access the needed bolts. The second and bigger issue is I plan to eventually buy and install the entire Steeda "stop the hop" kit. Rather than order the kit all at once I was going to buy the individual piece over time. I realized that many of these parts would require the removal of these braces to install. Given this, I am going to wait until I have both the alignment kit and the subframe bushing support system. I have ordered the alignment kit and plan to get the subframe bushing system next month.
If you plan to purchase these parts separately, I would recommend getting the subframe bushing supports and the alignment kit at the same time and then get the irs support brace.
Nice shot, and thanks for your installation feedback! Definitely a helpful tip for our future customers in the same boat! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

Not much to see here. Just a super exciting shot of some spacers, but hey it's part of documenting the build. The subframe bushing supports are on order, so hopefully I will be able to install next weekend.
So far, nothing but good things to report on the front k-member brace. Helped to firm up the front of the car, and no negatives to report.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Looking good man. I wish I hadn't seen the quick jacks, that might have to be something I look into. I wanted a lift but the house we just bought didn't have high enough ceilings in the garage. :(

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I was in the same boat. My garage wouldn't permit a lift to be installed. These jacks have probably been one of the best car related purchases I've made. They're great quality and easy to use and store. The biggest complaint that people had were they leaked. The good news is the new quick release fittings completely eliminate this issue. I HATED working on cars with jack stands and these completely eliminate that hassle and hesitation.

Sponsored

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
Nice build thread Nathan! This is Jeff with the Black '15 (from work.)

Where'd you end up taking your car for the alignment? (I'm looking for a competent shop to do mine.)

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Thanks, I ended up just going with Firestone. I talked with the manager and tech for a bit and seemed like they knew what was going on. I ended up getting the lifetime alignment deal. I figured I had at least 3 more rounds of alignment altering mods and that it would be worth it. I went to the the shop out in Sun City by my house, but I think that I may have to go to a different one with an in-ground system. My prokits have finished settling so I don't know if I will be able to get onto the rack. It was close after the initial install.
I need to go for a ride at some point I wanna see what the procharger feels like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

Cleaning the Stock PP wheels got a little easier with these. The wheels are such a pain to clean, but these seem to help with getting into all the little crevices. They also allow me to get into the barrel of the wheel. I would recommend to anyone that washes their own car.

Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4

Cleaning the Stock PP wheels got a little easier with these. The wheels are such a pain to clean, but these seem to help with getting into all the little crevices. They also allow me to get into the barrel of the wheel. I would recommend to anyone that washes their own car.
I have a set of those, they are amazing for the stock wheels!

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

The UPS man dropped off another box of goodies. Looking forward to installing these next week. These will go in with the alignment kit and the sub frame braces.

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I just finished the install of the sub frame alignment kit, differential bushings, irs subframe bushing support system and the rear irs support braces.
The alignment kit and the subframe support system went in very smooth. No issues what so ever. I lucked out and didn’t have to pry the sub frame into postion. The IRS support system was a little pain just because of the lack of room in getting the differential bolts out. I was lazy and didn’t remove the exhaust like Steeda instructed so some of this issue was self imposed. It just took a little longer, but I saved that time in not having to remove the reinstall the exhaust.
The IRS support braces were a pain in the ass. For what ever reason it was a very tight fit. I had to pry and fight it all the way. Eventually it went on. But not without some words and busted knuckles.
The Cj Pony Parts install videos were super helpful during the install. I had my iPad with me under the car and during the entire install.
Link to videos:

In total, the install took about 4 hours.

The car feels great. No noise or vibrations with the install, and the car feels much flater in turns and wheels hop is gone.
Not sure whats next. i might need to start saving for a new set of wheels.

Last edited: