Sponsored

Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
No VIN for me yet either. Wondering if we should reach out to [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No VIN for me yet either. Wondering if we should reach out to [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION]?
I don't think [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] is active here any longer. That's unfortunate. Last login was 2/16/2017.

malex89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost
Hello,

I need some help to find some online European seller of Mustang parts like Brembo brakes, brakes pads etc.

Will be the best if i can put on that site my Mustang VIN to be sure that parts match on my car.

And i found this and i want to know if it is true what is say here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...61727029:g:dw8AAOSw4CFY79cV&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

8 Brake pads + 4 Rotors only 220 $ ?!
It is first time when i try to order something like this for my car and i prefer to order from Europe not USA.

Thanks !

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I haven't received a DORA and only just one order number, which is making me wonder if my order was rejected in the end. All I have gotten is these messages.
Screenshot (127).jpg
Screenshot (128).jpg

Stitches1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado
Just wanted to expand on this:

"Can I get an X Plan? Yes. Easiest way to get an X Plan would be by becoming a member of the MCA (Mustang Club of America). An in depth explanation of the X Plan and how to get one can be found HERE"

If you are a disabled vet and belong to DAV, you can get X plan pricing and not have to worry about the 60 day period from MCA.

Sponsored

chandlermaxwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I finally got my window sticker and it shows that the delivery method will be convoy from Flat Rock, MI to Statesboro, GA. Is there anyone who could give me an estimate of how long that process could take?

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
I haven't received a DORA and only just one order number, which is making me wonder if my order was rejected in the end. All I have gotten is these messages.
Not sure where you got the order number, but the 'A' shouldn't be part of it when entering into COTUS - only digits. If it's a three-digit number, put a '0' before the first three digits.

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
I gave the dealer a $1,000 Deposit Saturday, 8/18 and they gave me a printed copy of an "Order Preview" which show the costs but not the order number or dealer code. They said they will not have the order number until after the factory converts from 2017 to 2018 production. Does this sound like I am getting good info from them?

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Jim that is semi normal, I also wouldn't neccesarrily read anything into it. Some dealers' orders are processed quicker than others. What I would do is call weekly, I chose Wednesday for my own order, ask for updates from the salesman or sales manager. A little pressure and or concern shows them you are anxious to get your ride. It actually helped mine get shipped special as they got it 2 weeks quicker to the dealership. Don't worry about being a PITA, as you are the customer, and are paying for service on a nice car, perhaps a high end car.

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
as for the dealer or order number ask for it on your first check in and keep at them until you get them so you can use cotus. It isnt allways super accurate but you will eventually get a blend date and VIN#

Sponsored

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone got a priority Code of 80 on their VOC on a Factory order car? New to this whole process so I am trying to understand these numbers better. I see OP states "store inventory cars will be given a 20-89 number" but my car is not store inventory...

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Does your VOC say retail or stock order? Sometimes dealers enter them as stock orders. My second order like your PP2 is retail priority code 10.
Order appears to be listed as Stock. Do I need to get on the phone with them and have that changed?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Order appears to be listed as Stock. Do I need to get on the phone with them and have that changed?
It doesn't really matter if it's stock of retail.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't really matter if it's stock of retail.
Just wondering if the priority of 80 can cause my order to take longer.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Just wondering if the priority of 80 can cause my order to take longer.
Priority code only matters among the orders from the same dealership, i.e. if your dealership never assigns 20-79 to stock orders, your 80 is as good as 20.
Sponsored