Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Good thing your front splitter isn't on!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Haven't done it yet but planning and oil change today. Will likely remove my splitter and leave it off for the upcoming trip to the dealer for oil line recall. Better that I do it than them.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Put the car up on race ramps for the 1st time and installed a steeda g track brace
I started to run without my R splitter at first. Then I realize that IF I do scrape something, it's going to damage the actual front bumper cover. If that happened, the mounting points for the splitter would get damaged. If you're trying to keep the R splitter in good shape - just buy the non-R version like I did, to protect the rest of the car. It's about $400 shipped.

PS - that shelf and lawn equipment is going to give me nightmares ;)

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I started to run without my R splitter at first. Then I realize that IF I do scrape something, it's going to damage the actual front bumper cover. If that happened, the mounting points for the splitter would get damaged. If you're trying to keep the R splitter in good shape - just buy the non-R version like I did, to protect the rest of the car. It's about $400 shipped.

I thought the exact same thing when I seen that shelf.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Is the regular GT350 splitter OEM? Where did you get it? Thx in advance.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
There is the R model splitter and the non-R splitter. Both are OEM on their respective vehicles. Either can be purchased at any Ford parts department. Be prepared for a deep, large diameter, rigid tube, colonoscopy if the R splitter is what you seek.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
There is the R model splitter and the non-R splitter. Both are OEM on their respective vehicles. Either can be purchased at any Ford parts department. Be prepared for a deep, large diameter, rigid tube, colonoscopy if the R splitter is what you seek.
I understand it can be had under $1000, now. That still seems a little steep but has me thinking of going ahead and installing mine.

Any Ford dealer can hook you guys up but I always call Steve at TASCA Ford. I think the non-r one was just under $400, shipped.

Here's mine with the non-r splitter. It doesn't look as aggressive but I think it checks the boxes for a street-driven R.
gt350rhdr3.jpg

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Thanks, found them. I initially couldn't find the parts due to lack of part diagrams for these with properly labeled part numbers. Looks like around $300 and $1000 for the 350 and 350R splitters respectively, before shipping.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I understand it can be had under $1000, now. That still seems a little steep but has me thinking of going ahead and installing mine.

Any Ford dealer can hook you guys up but I always call Steve at TASCA Ford. I think the non-r one was just under $400, shipped.

Here's mine with the non-r splitter. It doesn't look as aggressive but I think it checks the boxes for a street-driven R.
Beautiful!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I understand it can be had under $1000, now.
I got an R splitter from Autonation a couple of months ago and paid about a grand, shipped. When you hold both versions in your hand you realize that the cost of the R is artificially high and not just a simple amortization function. That's when it hurts most.