Sponsored

PP 9.5" Wheels up Front

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
I'm running the PP 19x9.5" up front, with a 5mm spacer. I also use FRPP open lugs, and there's definitely some threads not engaging, maybe 1 or 2. Are people running long studs with this setup?
IMG_0475.jpg
Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
If you've followed the numerous posts on this topic it is stated you will lose a couple threads , but still have enough to be safe . As for me for the street i would be comfortable , but if i tracked my car it would be a different story. For track I like longer studs and no spacers , but thats just me. Street use your good to go.

OP
OP

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't find this in the other posts, sorry about that.

Thanks for the advise Maddawg. I do track my car. I didn't want the spacer either, but I need it for clearance to the strut.

At this point I could get longer studs, run the OE wheels up front, or just deal. Crap, I should have researched this better before buying my wheels!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With a 5 mm hubcentric spacer there's nothing to worry about, even when tracking it. It still gets you about 10-11 threads which is plenty enough to be secure.

OP
OP

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I'm using - 5mm hubcentric. I was just a little worried about that last thread!

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey where are you buying hubcentric 5mms? I keep finding lug centric ones :(
Ebay

I've got a handful of track days (6?) with a 5mm spacer, and more than a handful of autocrosses (15?). So far no issues, but it is always a good ideal to have a spare stud or two in your toolbox if you're tracking the car.

OP
OP

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from CJ Pony Parts.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ebay

I've got a handful of track days (6?) with a 5mm spacer, and more than a handful of autocrosses (15?). So far no issues, but it is always a good ideal to have a spare stud or two in your toolbox if you're tracking the car.
Thanks, I'll look and see if theres something hub centric there.

I got mine from CJ Pony Parts.
Was it these? they look pretty decent:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-spacer-black-5-lug-pair-1965-1973-1994-2017/p/WHSP26-V/

Sponsored

mulage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Black, w/ Performance Pack
did you do a 10 on rear? got pics of the car?

SicEm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
just wanted to throw this out there. I have a 2016 GT PP, and I put a set rear OEM 19x9.5 PP wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on the front with the 5 mm spacer. The inner 3/8" lip of the tire would kiss the strut with any cornering. The contact was enough to smell rubber. I measured the spacers, and the tires were mounted properly. I do not know if this is an issue with the tires or my suspension. I bought the car used so it is possible the previous owner screwed with the suspension; however everything looks stock. The wheels do look like there may be a little bit of negative camber which could explain the rubbing. As far as 5mm spacers go, you do catch just a little bit more than a diameter of thread.

I ended up putting some bolt on 25mm spacers from CJ pony parts on all four corners, and it looks really aggressive (I love the look). Now I just need to have the alignment checked, and pray that people will touch my car with the spacers in there. The tires with the 25 mm spacers kiss the forward splash guard a bit with heavy cornering (a U-Turn, donut, etc).

FYI no vibration issues with either set of spacers.
Sponsored