Check your splitter install

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I tried but looks like the part will have to be ordered. Not sure what happened to the tabs. I am bottoming out a little on my driveway but I doubt that would cause that unless I really knocked the hell out of it. I noticed that before purchase because I could see a little white between the splitter and thought was normal but has obvious gotten worse over time.
Sponsored

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350, 2005 Lotus Elise
Missing Parts

Finally got around to looking at what is wrong with my splitter. Discovered that the dealer (Apple/Columbia, MD) did not install the 45 degree bolts at all. I need to find a better local dealer to get my work done at.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Finally got around to looking at what is wrong with my splitter. Discovered that the dealer (Apple/Columbia, MD) did not install the 45 degree bolts at all. I need to find a better local dealer to get my work done at.
Welcome to the club. Exactly the same issue had with mine. At speed the lack of those fasteners caused the splitter to pop out and down along the middle of the bumper and a little bit to either side of center.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is the norm, not the exception. Those 45 degree screws and the other 4 that go on the front of the splitter cost $4.45 PER SCREW. Yesterday, we bought all 8 they had on hand for the bargain total price of $38.54
Also, you should check the torque on your oil filter. I promise you it's not at 18~20 ft. lbs.

Sponsored

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
sigh... had the recall done and realized they messed up the splitter reinstall. So far, I'm seeing a missing screw on the passenger side piece. Not even going to bother trying to get them to fix it... if you want something done right...

So at this point, I'm trying to order all the hardware. Looks like the 4.2x25mm has changed part numbers. W715060-S450B is coming up as discontinued. Wanted to see if anyone knows what the new part number is? Or can anyone confirm that these will do the trick:

https://smile.amazon.com/M4-2-1-41-...d=1494936552&sr=8-2&keywords=M4.2+x+20+screws

Based on a couple of posts, it seems the 20mm may be a better option?

It's a bit annoying that I have to fork out about $50 to correct a dealer's mistake.... Yes, I can take it back. But I guess part of that is to buy my own peace of mind.

Last edited:

MAJ_MALFUNCTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Triple Yellow
A few months ago (before everyone really started openly discussing this issue), I had noticed the gap between my front fascia and the splitter. I had my splitter completely come off at speed (somewhere between 120-140mph). Enough air got between the gap, that it completely ripped out what few attachment points the splitter was holding on with.

Got it completely replaced under warranty and paid the delta in price to go with the R splitter (which the dealer that did the warranty work was kind enough to allow me to do).

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
sigh... had the recall done and realized they messed up the splitter reinstall. So far, I'm seeing a missing screw on the passenger side piece. Not even going to bother trying to get them to fix it... if you want something done right...

So at this point, I'm trying to order all the hardware. Looks like the 4.2x25mm has changed part numbers. W715060-S450B is coming up as discontinued. Wanted to see if anyone knows what the new part number is? Or can anyone confirm that these will do the trick:

https://smile.amazon.com/M4-2-1-41-...d=1494936552&sr=8-2&keywords=M4.2+x+20+screws

Based on a couple of posts, it seems the 20mm may be a better option?

It's a bit annoying that I have to fork out about $50 to correct a dealer's mistake.... Yes, I can take it back. But I guess part of that is to buy my own peace of mind.
Just an update - finally had a chance to get underneath the car. Looks like the splitter was actually installed correctly. It's just they short changed me on the clips/screws for the side pieces - of the six screws total (3 on each side), half are missing (including the clips).

And this actually annoys me even more. If you botch that center piece, you might chalk it up to carelessness, lack of attention to detail, or ignorance. The fact that you decided to just not put some screws in and not others tells me that you realized that you lost parts or forgot the put the clips in earlier and just said "Fuck it".

Now I actually might make it an issue with the dealer that did the work....

Okay - rant over.

Now that I'll have to take the side pieces off to add the clips, can someone confirm that I'll need to remove the center piece as well?

Thanks in advance.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I just got my car off the transport last evening. My splitter was indeed incorrectly installed like so many others here. My 45 degree screws were not installed nor were all of the vertical screws in the same access holes. most of the larger vertical large head screws were in place but one was absent along with its clip and one not tightened fully. My selling dealer hs been nothing but great (Roanoke Ford, Roanoke Il) and will cover any costs associated with getting it corrected. I was able to fix it myself after watching the install vid to make sure I knew the process. I will be receiving a complete hardware package from the dealer but in the mean time I got near exact replacements at Lowes, out of the automotive fastener bin. cost less than $7.00 to get all the fasteners installed along the leading edge portion of the splitter. I have but one lower screw missing but I left the hole empty at the corner where the center overlaps. I still need to get behind the fender liner and verify that the screws and half round clips are in place. It was just unfortunate that the mechanic who did the splitter install was not experienced enough. Funny though the install is so very easy. Hard to believe any professional mechanic couldn't figure it out just by looking it over, especially since they have them up on a lift and everything is pretty easy to see.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
April build---Delivered to me on 9 June--
That is how mine was as well. A clear case of the mechanic not being properly trained or at least not having watched the factory installation video. A gap like that means the leading edge tabs are not snapped into place. It seems quite crude but to get those tabs to snap into place requires a mallet. Crude but effective.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I finally added the R splitter I've had in a box for some time. It was actually nice to install. You've got to trying hard to screw these up.

RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '17 GT350 (H3851)
I can see all of the fascia holes. The photo is definitely not the best.
The dealer "will look at it" on Friday. I'll look at the Shelby he has on the floor as well.

Be safe.
Bob