OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Well- I would contact them and ask why the almost $20 difference from what you expected. I am sure there must be a reasonable explanation.

But (off topic question) with all the Steeda components you already have- why not round it out with their springs???
My Invoice from yesterday lists $24 shipping, but they already charged me $64 for shipping when the rear springs shipped.

The Steeda springs lower the car 1+ inch, I do not want to lower that much.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Simple phone call to them will solve it I'm sure. I have had great customer service from them. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation and they will make it right.

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
The Steeda springs lower the car 1+ inch, I do not want to lower that much.
Oh cool, makes sense. Like cgreen5150 said, I'm sure they'll work it out, it's probably just a mistake due to the split order.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Simple phone call to them will solve it I'm sure. I have had great customer service from them. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation and they will make it right.
Yes, but a phone call isn't so simple from my undisclosed location!

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I am terrible with updates, so this one is late. I arrived home on the 17th, started tearing into the car on the evening of the 19th, had it back on all 4 yesterday evening with everything done except the PP2 stuff, which I will do as soon as I burn all this 6 month old gas in the tank.

Monday it goes to a local alignment shop, whom I hope will find the source of the suspension clunking sound (pass front). Alignment all around is a mess. I did give it one little hit in first gear while driving it around the block and magic...no wheel hop.

Any Sacramento area guys recommend a good performance shop that does alignments, specifically on mustangs, and more specifically on mustangs with adjustable everything?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Alignment done, car drives better than it ever has.

One problem - the drivers side rear brake is sticking sometimes, its the emergency brake, but I cant see anything that's causing it.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Car is going to dealer this-morning for oil change (I have a free one), have them look at the emergency brake of the drivers side (I can get it unstuck to get it there, but cant figure out whats causing it to stick), then drive it around and burn the last 1/4 tank of the old gas.

This afternoon ill top it off with some shell 91 and install PP2.

Later this year (when the wet season hits again..fall) ill probably go for the Steeda pro-action adjustables, and Steeda sway bars if needed. The car already feels better, more planted less dive, squat and roll with the BMR springs. Wheel hop is 95% gone, probably need better tires to eliminate the last of it. A bit more noise in the car, but that was to be expected, I used the black Steeda diff bushings, and could easily switch to the reds to get rid of some of the Torsen noise.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Emergency brake cable was kinked slightly, so that's fixed. Toe-links/Ford bearings make a lot of racket, guys at Steeda say its normal. Sounds like bypass shock valve chatter on a desert truck.

Installed PP2, runs like a rapped ape up top, but it hesitates/breaks up on hard shifts. I did select the sensitive fuel setting. So I am thinking its either that or still learning? Any Ideas? Should I let it learn a few days and see if it goes away or re-flash without the sensitive fuel setting?

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
1800ish miles on the mods, loving it and discovering new needs/wants.

The car handles great and puts power down excellent, but I believe its a bit under-damped now. Also the 2 piece stock driveshaft sucks, its sloppy and clanks.

Next up on the mod list is some Steeda Pro-Action Adjustables so I can get the damping corrected and rebound dialed. Also a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft is on the short list.

Here is the car in its current form...looks stock, but its far from it...kind of a sleeper if a 5.0 Mustang can be a sleeper! Just being able to put power down the way it does makes it much quicker than a stock one, never-mind PP2.
FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg-3.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg.jpg

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Took advantage of the 4th Steeda Sales and ordered

Pro-Action Adjustables
Steeda Bump Stops
12mm Rear Shock mount kit

This should eliminate the last little bit of wheel hop, and improve handling. The car already handles great, but should be able to get it dialed in with the adjustable dampers.

Back to the coil compressor....I hate using that thing...might have a shop do it this time.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to hear your final input when all is said & done!

TJ

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Struts thrown on over the weekend. Haven't taken it for a run up in the hills yet but wheel hop is now 99% gone (tires will probably eliminate the last 1%), ride is less "bouncy" Its firm but rides smoothly. I have nearly a "full catalogue" Steeda suspension setup now, with the exception of springs (went BMR springs) and sway bars (have Ford Handling Pack bars). So I am basically set and looking to address other things now, first being drive shaft but Ill wait till the next big sale.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Still working on rebound adjustments on the pro-actions but this suspension is about as good as it gets without going full coilovers and it would give most coilover cars a run for their money.

Driveshaft next

Looking into Project 6GR 7 spoke wheels and a 275/305 tire setup.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
New rear rubber today, final alignment on Friday. I will do a drive shaft sometime before the end of the year, but have decided to slow down the build, enjoy it as it for a while.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Finally DSS Aluminum shaft on (I did say by the end of the year), wont get to drive it till Friday. Sometime in Jan or Feb I am headed to Thunderhill
Sponsored