• Poll closed .

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Just to share, I have the FRPP Shafts in my 2015.

We have been using G-Force for a long time in our personal cars, as well as using them for private label, and selling them to thousands of customers over the years.

I cannot say which is better, per say, but I can tell you that the FRPP Halfshafts for these cars are extremely nice. I believe that FRPP made the right choice, in choosing G-Force for this specific part. Also keep in mind, FRPP doesn't just pick someone and start selling parts. They test them extensively, as you can imagine being affiliated with FoMoCo.

Here are some shots showing the difference:

We have been designing, engineering, and offer parts for IRS cars since 2004 - so we have a good grip (literally) of what is good, bad, or not needed on most IRS platforms (domestic). The halfshafts for these S550's is a must if racing on a sticky tire, IMO, and the G-Force Shafts have met and exceeded our expectations in terms of design and quality.

I don't think you can go "wrong" with whatever path you choose - but I cannot help but favor the G-Force/FRPP Product due to our experience with them on our personal test cars.

Good luck!
Did you happen to have any figment issues when you installed your axles? My driver side axle boot is DANGEROUSLY close to my shock. Had them installed by a certified ford tech and I was there to help him do it
Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Did you happen to have any figment issues when you installed your axles? My driver side axle boot is DANGEROUSLY close to my shock. Had them installed by a certified ford tech and I was there to help him do it
Compress the suspension to ride height and check again. Just inspected the boots on mine and they show no signs of contacting the shock while rolling.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Compress the suspension to ride height and check again. Just inspected the boots on mine and they show no signs of contacting the shock while rolling.
We did that bout 3 times, it's still super close... Maybe 1/8" gap

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Just makes me nervous being that close, the passenger side has tons of room

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Just makes me nervous being that close, the passenger side has tons of room
They are both attached to the same spindle and will move together, I wouldnt worry! I checked mine for you and I dont see any signs of contact.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
They are both attached to the same spindle and will move together, I wouldnt worry! I checked mine for you and I dont see any signs of contact.
I appreciate it, had a whining noise coming from the rear end but I think those are my new differential bushings not the axle boot rubbing

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I appreciate it, had a whining noise coming from the rear end but I think those are my new differential bushings not the axle boot rubbing
Ya the urethane or other solid differential bushings will give you a speed-based whine. I notice it the most under light throttle to maintain speed. When decelerating or full throttle accel I dont notice any differential whine.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Ya the urethane or other solid differential bushings will give you a speed-based whine. I notice it the most under light throttle to maintain speed. When decelerating or full throttle accel I dont notice any differential whine.
Mine are bmr's new differential lock outs, aluminum plates so in sure that makes it worse lol

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but what are everyone opinions now that time has passed? Seems like in the beginning of this thread there are more suggestions to go with FRPP but then later on I see issues. Is DSS the way to go?

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but what are everyone opinions now that time has passed? Seems like in the beginning of this thread there are more suggestions to go with FRPP but then later on I see issues. Is DSS the way to go?
I personally still suggest the frpp shafts

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Im removing my FRPP next time I have a chance to put the car in the air, due to excessive lash in the CVs making the car very frustrating to drive. I will probably send them to gforce to see what they say but I am going to be trying my luck with the stockers since I dont ever take my car to the track anyway.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Does dss have a lifetime warranty because ford racing shafts do!

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Just swapped my DSS 800HP Axles out for the FRPP ones and I can say they are night and day difference. Much better!! They feel much more beefier than the DSS ones.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Frpp axles the best there are and a lifetime warranty to boot!
Sponsored