Sponsored

Steeda Jacking Rails - do it :)

Shelby17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Install takes 20 min...no need to raise car to install

Easiest procedure to do. As stated, no need to raise car to install. 20 min includes opening box.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it!

Best Regards,

TJ

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Just received mine, ordered Sunday night. Totally didn't know there was a forum discount... oh well :(

The new rails are 1 inch in height, I think the old rails were 1 1/2. Now I just need some pinch weld pucks for my stands.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just received mine, ordered Sunday night. Totally didn't know there was a forum discount... oh well :(

The new rails are 1 inch in height, I think the old rails were 1 1/2. Now I just need some pinch weld pucks for my stands.
We try to advertise, promote & do our best to get the word out!

Next time, hit me up & I will take care of you - you can email me at [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Installed mine today. Both sides I had to scrap off the extra putty/sealer/adhesive whatever it is called near the two bolts toward the front of the car. The rails would not lay flush with out doing this. It appears to be over application of the material and nothing is harmed by scraping it away. The jacking rails cover the area anyway. It was not bonded to the paint in anyway, just where it had been forced out from the seams.

The only somewhat of an issue I had was on the driver's side. For some reason the last bolt on the rear was not quite lined up 100%. I had to squeeze the rail against the pinch weld area as hard as possible to get it to start without cross threading. Once started, no problem. Passenger side was no issue. I did this with the car on the ground.

The pic is a pic of the material I scrapped off. This was from the driver's side. Passenger side had the same amount. It did not require hardly any force. I used a scrapping tool and it came off rather easily. For scale the piece top right with the tan on it is about the size of a dime.
IMG_6050.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, some are lucky & there isn't as much crud to scrape off.

Glad it worked out!

TJ

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Went to put mine on today and in the process said a few swear words for being sent the wrong rails before I realized there are two extra holes back of the ones that fit the rail and that is where the factory bolts were as I was on the ground and couldn't see all the holes. Used the factory bolts for the rails and the Steeda bolts in the other holes for "spares". BTW scraping that crud off was not easy.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to put mine on today and in the process said a few swear words for being sent the wrong rails before I realized there are two extra holes back of the ones that fit the rail and that is where the factory bolts were as I was on the ground and couldn't see all the holes. Used the factory bolts for the rails and the Steeda bolts in the other holes for "spares". BTW scraping that crud off was not easy.
Glad you figured it out. The "crap" was not too hard on mine but I had a scraping tool with a handle and it made short work of it for me.

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Glad you figured it out. The "crap" was not too hard on mine but I had a scraping tool with a handle and it made short work of it for me.
Was yours only just before the front two bolts? My car has an underbody coat over it too so might have to scrape all of that off too :headbonk:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was yours only just before the front two bolts? My car has an underbody coat over it too so might have to scrape all of that off too :headbonk:
Just the area near the front holes. Mine is a 2017 and it had a decent amount of it but all near the front.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For all of you on the fence ... these continue to be one of our hottest sellers & are still the lightest while offering the most ground clearance!!

Enjoy!

TJ

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Didn't have to crape any of that seam sealer stuff on mine. :shrug:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor