Sponsored

Your fastest self-recorded 0-60 times?

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Is anyone heating up their tires before making these runs?

That's not how street tires work. If you get a street tire hot they get greasy and lose traction. The only tires that need to be heated to gain traction are drag radials and slicks because the rubber compound is different.
Sponsored

Jayhawk Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium
That's not how street tires work. If you get a street tire hot they get greasy and lose traction. The only tires that need to be heated to gain traction are drag radials and slicks because the rubber compound is different.
Depends on the street tire. My sticky 200tw tires need heat, and they're not drag radials or slicks.

TheBMWguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTpp, '98 328is, '90 240sx, '99 SL500
Sorry should have clarified. Like Jayhawk said I was referring to people with a more aggressive street tire, or even a drag tire, that does need to be warmed up. It would be great if people would also post the tire they were on for their best run.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
4.8 GT PP - CAI and tune.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've only messed with mine a time or two but never got better than 4.8 0-60 and like 8.90s in the 1/8. Is the consensus that these readings are slow, or are the cars slow? Shouldn't these times be about a half second quicker?

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
2017 premium GT with 20" wheel and TCS on.

ps. not used to MT-82 :shrug:
IMG_4048.jpg
Sponsored