Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Has anyone had the water pump/pulley come loose or wobble?

My pulley developed a wobble which caused it to fail. I thought it was just me but I ran into another person with a supercharger that had the exact same issue.
When I went to order a replacement water pump I noticed that the one that came factory was no longer available and was replaced with a new style using 4 bolts to connect the pulley.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if it is a known problem.
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep, my pulley car loose about a month after installing my Procharger. I know I torqued the three bolts to spec with a torque wrench. Luckily I heard the rattle and tightened them back down a little over spec this time. It's only been about 1000 miles since then, but they appear to be holding on this time around. As an FYI, my crank bolt was loose as well, glad I caught that for sure.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Did it sound like this? I'm thinking about diving into the pulley system this weekend.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Never checked mine , but after this post I'm going to !!

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did it sound like this? I'm thinking about diving into the pulley system this weekend.
Sorry I can't really make it out. I noticed mine about a mile from my house, there was a rattle I could hear while driving it, loud enough to know something wasn't right when driving. I pulled over an shut it off and the water pump pulley bolts were less than finger tight. The sound went away after I finger tightened them with a rag (was so wishing I had a wrench in my car). Got home and tightened them down. Figured it might be a good time to check others bolts I could get to, and the crank bolt was just a smudge loose, probably less than half a rotation (at least that's what I'm telling myself now). Also some of the cam bolts on the PC pulley were not quite as tight as I left them.
Worst part is, it had been on my mind to go through and recheck the torques again, but just never the right time. Hope yours is just as simple to fix.

ps. I guess I should knock on wood.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
You did let the motor and crank bolt cool before wrenching yes?
Sponsored