Sponsored

anyone having a problem with their Steeda reverse lockout?

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Guys, got my billet steeda reverse lockout and when installed inside the white factory collar (3 clips) it will pop out. Meaning the three factory clips cant hold on to it. I made sure the billet lockout was fully seated and the 3 clips are grabbing it. but after three times using reverse the damn lockout collar popped off the 3 clips, now I have no reverse. I have lost faith in this piece, beautiful machining but the lip/ridge might not be big enough for the 3 clips to bite??? :cool:
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me see if I can get a solution for you ... I will reach out to our install team & see what I can figure out.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, got my billet steeda reverse lockout and when installed inside the white factory collar (3 clips) it will pop out. Meaning the three factory clips cant hold on to it. I made sure the billet lockout was fully seated and the 3 clips are grabbing it. but after three times using reverse the damn lockout collar popped off the 3 clips, now I have no reverse. I have lost faith in this piece, beautiful machining but the lip/ridge might not be big enough for the 3 clips to bite??? :cool:
Send me your contact info & photos to [email protected].

We will take a look & see if there is anything out of the ordinary we can find ... if it looks to be something else, we will look to replace it.

Based on the feedback of the internal team ... this is not something they have seen or heard of, hopefully we can see something in the photos.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Send me your contact info & photos to [email protected].

We will take a look & see if there is anything out of the ordinary we can find ... if it looks to be something else, we will look to replace it.

Based on the feedback of the internal team ... this is not something they have seen or heard of, hopefully we can see something in the photos.

Best Regards,

TJ
Hey TJ, appreciate the offer. This is whats going on which I do not understand. I lifted the shifter boot and trim up and saw that your lockout was still ATTACHED to the stock shifter collar. I tried reverse and it worked? I re-installed the boot and trim and it goes in reverse again. weird??? Not sure what the hell caused it, I really thought the 3 little teeth lost grip on your piece. My apologies, looks like installer error :(

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem - it happens.

Keep us updated as you put some more miles on it.

Best Regards,

TJ

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Do you guys make an improved white factory collar with the 3 clips? Mine will no longer hold onto my aluminum Steeda lockout.
Sponsored