Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I got pretty good at rowing gears with the stock shifter and stock transmission bushing. Installing a 1 peice drive shaft helped for quicker shifts, but I have removed it and am waiting to ship it back because I have a vibration above 70mph. I then installed the BMR differential lockout kit. This to, greatly improved shifts. But I wasn't completely happy and was having issues finding 5th when driving hard.

Barton had released their flat stick design and it was love at first sight. I love that old school look. So I pulled the trigger on it. Shipping was fast and the packaging was good. As soon as I unwrapped everything, all I could think is how much love American made products. The machining is beautiful as well as the finish. All the hardware is top notch.

The install wasn't bad at all. I removed the "cat back" and the driveshaft (those pesky vibrations). I opted for the full trans mount and I'm glad I did. This fully bolts to the transmission and not the cross member or bushing, like some people assume. The most difficult parts was removing and installing the bolt/pin that connects the shifter to the shifter rod. I also installed some sound deadener on the mounting arms and various parts of the shifter. I also removed the center console, which is an extremely easy task. I also installed the heavy springs and its perfect now.

Now that I have a few hundred miles on the car, I couldn't be happier with the shifter. Shifts are clean and precise (other than the internal issues of the transmission). It kind of reminds me of an old T-56 transmission. The heavier springs are "broken in" now and it allows for faster shifts (in my opinion). You are going to feel more vibrations through the shifter now, since you're trans mounted, but it becomes second nature and you stop noticing it. You could also go with a shift knob with some kind of rubber coating to cut back on it. My shifts are so fast now, my car sounds like a tuned automatic.

Over all, great buy and I'm extremely happy.
FB_IMG_1492695155008.jpg
FB_IMG_1492695163326.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use all four springs or just two?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
On their website, they state you can get a "shit pattern" on it. Would this be more of a brown color or baby shit green color??? :shrug: Is the shit pattern more defined or just a mess while rowing through the gears???
BARTON.PNG

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
On their website, they state you can get a "shit pattern" on it. Would this be more of a brown color or baby shit green color??? :shrug: Is the shit pattern more defined or just a mess while rowing through the gears???
:doh::lol::lol::lol::lol:

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Took me a minute but when I realized what was going on, I laughed my ass off. :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Did you use all four springs or just two?
Two on the bottom and two up top. I assumed the button ones have to stay in regardless.

I opted for the burnt dog shit. It's more firm and less smell.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
LMAO!!!!! :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Two on the bottom and two up top. I assumed the button ones have to stay in regardless.

I opted for the burnt dog shit. It's more firm and less smell.
Barton said in their YT install video that you could actually run zero and would have roughly the same side-to-side efforts as the stock shifter. I would probably run just the two bottom ones only.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
Barton said in their YT install video that you could actually run zero and would have roughly the same side-to-side efforts as the stock shifter. I would probably run just the two bottom ones only.
Zero springs will very similar I'd imagine. Once you get used to the upper ones, it's awesome. Lining up the 2-3 shift is magic.

cmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I got pretty good at rowing gears with the stock shifter and stock transmission bushing. Installing a 1 peice drive shaft helped for quicker shifts, but I have removed it and am waiting to ship it back because I have a vibration above 70mph. I then installed the BMR differential lockout kit. This to, greatly improved shifts. But I wasn't completely happy and was having issues finding 5th when driving hard.

Barton had released their flat stick design and it was love at first sight. I love that old school look. So I pulled the trigger on it. Shipping was fast and the packaging was good. As soon as I unwrapped everything, all I could think is how much love American made products. The machining is beautiful as well as the finish. All the hardware is top notch.

The install wasn't bad at all. I removed the "cat back" and the driveshaft (those pesky vibrations). I opted for the full trans mount and I'm glad I did. This fully bolts to the transmission and not the cross member or bushing, like some people assume. The most difficult parts was removing and installing the bolt/pin that connects the shifter to the shifter rod. I also installed some sound deadener on the mounting arms and various parts of the shifter. I also removed the center console, which is an extremely easy task. I also installed the heavy springs and its perfect now.

Now that I have a few hundred miles on the car, I couldn't be happier with the shifter. Shifts are clean and precise (other than the internal issues of the transmission). It kind of reminds me of an old T-56 transmission. The heavier springs are "broken in" now and it allows for faster shifts (in my opinion). You are going to feel more vibrations through the shifter now, since you're trans mounted, but it becomes second nature and you stop noticing it. You could also go with a shift knob with some kind of rubber coating to cut back on it. My shifts are so fast now, my car sounds like a tuned automatic.

Over all, great buy and I'm extremely happy.
FB_IMG_1492695155008.jpg
FB_IMG_1492695163326.jpg
Just installed mine and getting it adjusted. Was wondering if you had any trouble going from first to second? Sometimes mine will feel like it’s getting hung up on the reverse or something and won’t let me go into second from first gear.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Just installed mine and getting it adjusted. Was wondering if you had any trouble going from first to second? Sometimes mine will feel like it’s getting hung up on the reverse or something and won’t let me go into second from first gear.
Might just need to adjust the top part some more.
Sponsored