VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hey,
I just thought I'd mention that Nelson Ledges Road Course is back up and running.

Still needs some work, but they've done some repaving and have redone a couple of buildings.
There is an Open Track day this weekend. (I can't make it) and another on June 3rd & 4th (which I do plan on attending).

It is a seriously fast track. If you want to safely get your pony over 125mph this is the place.
I think June 3rd and 4th would work for me. I'll have to check and see. I'd like to go.
Sponsored

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Okay.
Sounds like we're all down for a Spring Meetup.

So how do you propose we make this happen? A drive down to Ravenna or Rootstown on a sunny Saturday afternoon sounds just about perfect to me.
Where can we meet and when. I pretty open to whatever the group decides.

I say we pencil something in for the weekend of May 20th.

What say you????

I just ordered some new wheels and tires and need to show 'em off after they arrive next week.

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Okay.
Sounds like we're all down for a Spring Meetup.

So how do you propose we make this happen? A drive down to Ravenna or Rootstown on a sunny Saturday afternoon sounds just about perfect to me.
Where can we meet and when. I pretty open to whatever the group decides.

I say we pencil something in for the weekend of May 20th.

What say you????

I just ordered some new wheels and tires and need to show 'em off after they arrive next week.
Put it in my calendar. I'm game for pretty much anything. A bbq or something?

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Are you offering to host?

Sponsored

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Wholly Crap...I was kidding.

If you're game, so am I!

You have lots of parking?

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Okay. Awesome.

I'm going to suggest a new plan before we even get the 1st one off the ground.

I forgot that RDP offered us a meeting place as well.

I suggest we meet at RDP then drive down to Gilby's for BYOB BBQ.

Just a thought. Painesville straight down to Diamond is some pretty country. Not much in the way of driving roads, but...

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
Depending, I might invite some guys with older Mustangs (Terminator, GT500, S197). If there is going to be a big turnout, I'll let it just be the 6G guys. I might be able to park a few cars at the neighbors garage too.

Sponsored

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Hi Guys, I need some help.

I made a number of upgrades to my 2015 Ecoboost last month that have not turned out well. In many ways I have ruined what I love about the car and also ruined things I didn't realize were important to me.
I recently purchased and installed a Fidanza lightweight aluminum flywheel. While I was under the car I also installed a DriveShaft Shop Aluminum driveshaft and a MGW race-spec shifter. On the flywheel itself, I installed a new factory pressure plate and throwout bearing and Mcleod 600 series semi-metallic ceramic clutch disc.
My issue seems to be gear rattle in neutral and lower gears particularly on deceleration. It is very loud, persistent and annoying. There also seems to be an increase in gear noise from the differential. From my research the gear rattle is probably coming from the lack of damping inherent in the lightweight flywheel, but I think all the parts are contributing to a lot of new noise in the cabin. I've also noticing a significant reduction in my MPG. Driving home from Michigan yesterday I got 26.5 mpg, normally I get around 30-31. You would think with the lightweight parts installed, I would be getting better gas mileage.
One thought that occurs to me is that somewhere during the installation I somehow got the driveline out of alignment. What I'm looking for is a shop or individual that can help me sort this out. Any recommendations, suggestions or information you could provide me would be deeply appreciated.
I want my baby back.

Grafanton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP 6MT
Nope...got rid of it already.
I find it highly unlikely that the DriveShaft Shop would sell a driveshaft that was out of balance. It had balance weights welded to it.
It seems more likely that the entire system is out of balance from the flywheel to the differential.
I've seen numerous videos and articles on the net that describe the noises I'm hearing as gear rattle caused by the lightweight flywheel not damping out the vibrations from the engine.
There doesn't seem to be a lot speed shops in the area that could handle this type of work. I'm sort of done trying to do it myself.
Sponsored