OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Thats what im thinking. He swears up and down its the master cylinder. I hate to tell people how to do their job smh. We'll see I hope its the master cylinder.to be honest. Tired of dealing.with this shit
Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Well mine got pulled out on Wednesday and I picked up the clutch yesterday to look it over. Overall the clutch looks not bad for only 6k miles on it, but the floating plate and pressure plate surfaces are cone shaped and not flat. With a straight edge across the floating plate, I can get a 0.013" feeler gauge under it, not good. Called McLeod and they said that is my issue. I am ordering a new clutch today to get it installed and sending mine back to McLeod to look it over. They will likely repair it and send it back to me. Unfortunately their turnaround time is too long so I will order a new one for now. I will sell the repaired one when I get it back.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
U said you called McLeod and they said it was your issue? They trying to say it was your fault? Are you ordering another McLeod clutch?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
U said you called McLeod and they said it was your issue? They trying to say it was your fault? Are you ordering another McLeod clutch?
I called them and emailed pictures along with measurements to their head tech guy. Still waiting for a reply as to if it is covered under warranty. They said the floating plate being cone shaped is what is causing the dragging issue.
Yes, bought another RST clutch.

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My car is finally done and will be picking it up tonight. I have done some reading and when the clutch is depressed there should be around 0.025" clearance in the clutch disc area. With my center plate having a 0.013" warp, it only allowed 0.012" clearance. My pressure plate had a warp of 0.009" so all together I may only have had 0.002" clearance with the clutch depressed. It would explain my clutch dragging.

Did you look at the flatness of your clutch? I am sending mine back to McLeod next week to see what they say. Hope they send a new one so I can sell it and offset my costs.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just dropped my car off. Taking the clutch out now. Send it to McLeod tomorrow morning . Glad to hear everything worked out I hope it works out for me praying to God fingers crossed

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Whatever happened about this? I would like to know if I was correct that you had a dished clutch plate.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just sent the clutch to McLeod, they should have it today hope to find out soon

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I haven't sent mine yet. My situation is a bit unique in that mine was replace when I blew up my clutch in the States on vacation, now back in Canada. Even McLeod is not sure, but I have to fill out some forms and I need information from the shop that did the work including who they got the clutch through ( I have no clue).

At least my car is working again, just need to get at the warranty thing, just so damn busy all the time.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
McLeod said " We found issues in the pressure plate with the tabs, could have been installation or something that may have happened resulting from the install we can't tell but at the same time we wanted to make sure we checked for release here before boxing it up and she works like a champ

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
A dished clutch plate or a pressure plate that isn't releasing enough because of a tab problem would cause the same affect. I would bet the problem is solved. Unless the installer wrecks it up.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Get the car back tomorrow morning. Let's all say a prayer I have no issues lol but seriously
Sponsored