Sponsored

Car shaking at idle

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
I feel it in mine. I havent connected a scanner though.

Ford techs obviously say its normal in all the cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Hello guys,

I have a 2016 Mustang v6 and has the same issue a random kick when the car is idle or standing at an stoplight. I was curious about this and I plugged a code-scanner to the car and what I found out was a "dtc freeze frame code p0306", that means a misfire on cylinder 6. I have not had any check engine light since I bought the car 6 months ago, so I asume that this is happening not too often enough to trigger a check engine light.

My question is Any of you have connected a scanner to see if you have had a misfire on any cylinder even if you never had a check engine light? maybe indeed there is an issue with all the 3.7 engines.

What do you mean with MERICA ?

When I had my issue, I never had any check engine lights on. No errors on the scanner either. So I assume my problem was different. Raising the iddle rev to 700rpm solved my issue.

yamilselman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
When you use the scanner you need to check the "DTC Freeze Frame" code, because besides that you would no se any error codes on the scanner. The scanner would show you no error codes like mine did, but if you check the DTC Freeze Frame like I said you probably will have a code stored there.

Somebody knows that they meant with "MERICA" ?
Sponsored