Sponsored

15' V6: Roush vs Outlaw axlebacks

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Raspy is not a word I would use anymore. It's incredibly deep now. It does sound more like a V8 but it's still a v6 with a bad attitude. This is the best sound I could have hoped for out of this car.

Every RPM sounds good too, I haven't found a spot I don't like. It is very loud too. Some guy asked me to rev it up while he was about a foot away from the car and I told him to move and he said it would be fine since it's not an 8..He walked away holding his ears
Shot u a pm
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
OP what the hell did you end up getting????

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I went with Roush and it is quite raspy. From like 2K to 4K it sounds great. 4K above and it gets really, really raspy. But I don't know if I could deal with the drone of the outlaws. I had to install some sound deadning in the trunk to try to muffle the cabin drone a bit. Honestly I wish I went with the Borla touring, but that's another $700 and I don't think the Roush is bad, just maybe a tad bit too raspy for me.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I went with Roush and it is quite raspy. From like 2K to 4K it sounds great. 4K above and it gets really, really raspy. But I don't know if I could deal with the drone of the outlaws. I had to install some sound deadning in the trunk to try to muffle the cabin drone a bit. Honestly I wish I went with the Borla touring, but that's another $700 and I don't think the Roush is bad, just maybe a tad bit too raspy for me.
The drone is bearable after a while on the Outlaws. But all that vibration I sometimes feel like interior parts will come off, like sometimes I can hear those little speakers on the interior side of the windshield vibrating and that crap gets hella annoying. It's more annoying than the drone itself. I also hear parts of the dash vibrating annoyingly. Also I hope it doesn't cause any type of ear damage lol.
But the exhaust itself sounds so damn good.
Sponsored