Sponsored

37k for a 2017? Will it get cheaper after 2018s come out?

OP
OP

jmatt07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black on black mustang GT PP
I wonder if they would ship one to Georgia...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
World Ford in Pensacola, FL has a few 17s in the 37K range so the numbers you are seeing are about right. You won't get a smoking deal on any car unless it's devoid of options or a color nobody wants. You're best bet is to do a dealer search within the distance you're willing to travel, and start making phone calls. Tell them what you're willing to spend and what options you must have. Then play the waiting game.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'm not sure how much cheaper people think the 2017's will be IF they are still on the lots when the 18's start selling but it isn't going to be much of a difference from what they are now. You might even find it harder to buy one later because inventory will be smaller and people who don't particularly care for the 18's styling who are in the market will be looking to buy them. Have you tried negotiating a price with them yet. It sounds like you could at least get it for 36500 with some haggling.

Considered finding a low mileage used one? You won't have to eat the depreciation on the first few years unless you plan on making it a forever car.

GRE1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I wonder if they would ship one to Georgia...
I had one shipped from Sarasota Fl to ATL Ga for $400. It was the easiest car I have ever bought and the shipping was a great experience. My new car showed up with 6 miles on it.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
That's funny ALL those convertibles are Deep Impact Blue. Wonder if someone at the dealer made a mistake and they feel they need to drop their pants to unload them. Bought my 16 GT premium 401A in May of last year for $35k and thought that was pretty fair with an MSRP of $40k.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
That's funny ALL those convertibles are Deep Impact Blue. Wonder if someone at the dealer made a mistake and they feel they need to drop their pants to unload them. Bought my 16 GT premium 401A in May of last year for $35k and thought that was pretty fair with an MSRP of $40k.
Nieman Marcus bought all of them to sell with a supercharger and other mods, but Ford refused to honor the warranty on them so they scrapped the idea and I guess that dealer took on the majority of them, probably for a song.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
And assuming the 18's cost a few thousand more, a lot of those left over 17's will be bought up by people who want a loaded Mustang at a reasonable price. My 16' GT Premium stickered at $45k, a loaded 18' could easily be close to $50k, and I doubt they will be offering any major discounts for awhile. So while the 18's may have some better options/features, many might prefer getting a loaded 17' for $37k and 0% Ford financing vs. a loaded 18' for nearly $50k or so.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jmatt07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black on black mustang GT PP
I wish I could get it for 0% financing. I know they did that for the 16s at the end of the year, but idk if any 17s with the good options will be left by this fall.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could get it for 0% financing. I know they did that for the 16s at the end of the year, but idk if any 17s with the good options will be left by this fall.
I think they just ran a 0% event in Feb. but that's probably over by now. The inventory gets slim by the late summer event but there's still some nice cars available. You might save around $40-$50 a month with the 0%, but the downside is missing the whole spring and summer car season. I'd probably just try to work the price down as much as possible and get a 2% or 2.49% loan instead of waiting until fall. It's no fun buying a Mustang just as fall hits and the cold weather sets in. :D

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I think they just ran a 0% event in Feb. but that's probably over by now. The inventory gets slim by the late summer event but there's still some nice cars available. You might save around $40-$50 a month with the 0%, but the downside is missing the whole spring and summer car season. I'd probably just try to work the price down as much as possible and get a 2% or 2.49% loan instead of waiting until fall. It's no fun buying a Mustang just as fall hits and the cold weather sets in. :D
Just another reason I love living in Florida, I'll be able to drive mine year round:headbang:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another reason I love living in Florida, I'll be able to drive mine year round:headbang:
I wish the warm would finally set in here. I mean it's in the 50's now, but has been raining a lot. I want 70's and sun. I still have my summer tires on, luckily they got me through the winter in one peice. :D

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I did 37k + TTL on a 44,470 MSRP.
Sponsored